Gardiner SLX 22 or Xline 3k pocket 22 pole?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, Mar 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Get ya votes in guys I still cant make my mind up, trev says pocket pole mint but costly at £370 with vat and delivery, I thought delivery would be free atleast on a pole this costly?

love my slx 25 but wanting to use just for higher work and fancy a new pole lol

cheers

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

I have all 3 and would say you should not get the pocket unless you are short of space I got the pocket for my nemo and it fits in great if you have a standard van xline 22 or a slx both great poles

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

not a hard decision to make really,your money -if moneys no option go for it

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i felt the xline at the show and thault it was nce the clamps realy r a joy to use the slx is nce pole to if i was u ide get the xline just to try it but thats me i do like a change:D i was guna get one when my slx is nackerd but due to a injery im opting for a extreme or dare i say a neon:lipssealed::think: dont wana spend £500 on a pole that last 7 months tho :rolleyes: like my old facelift pheonix so ill probly get the extreme

5. mark m

mark m Hero

6. Hollie2021

Hollie2021 Member

Hello Paul .
    I bought the x line k3 a few weeks back , it's a few inches longer than the pocket folded down, but the same pole ( carbon) a tenner cheaper , you get the brush in the deal .
    Like trev says its an absolute dream to use , light , rigid , and great clamps.
    I don't regret paying the £350 for it for one minute , like I said a while back the taxmans paying for it in the long run , so might as well work with a pole that's so easy to work with.
    It fits in the back of my Belingo no problem along with my trolley and 250 litres of pure in 25 litre containers , plus trad gear .
    Go with what suits you Paul , i know the K3 suits me .
    Cheers Paul .
    Glenn .

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I've never really understood how the tax man is paying for it Hollie2021.

You may write it off as equipment expenses but you will have to have funded the £350 from your earnings. The tax man is only giving you back on that the % tax you would have paid on £350 during that tax year.

So if you are in 20% tax bracket (£10,601 - £42,385) then all the chancellor will allow you is £70.

8. Hollie2021

Hollie2021 Member

Hello spruce .
    All I do is tot up my expenses , equipment , clothes , running costs of work vehicle ,and everything else I can think of and bang it off to my accountant and let him sort it out , I'm always happy with what I have to pay after he has done his bit , if like you say all I'm getting back is £70 then that's better than a kick up the ass, but to be honest whatever cost of what I think is good gear I just go and buy it , that goes for everything , work gear , fishing tackle , clothes , whatever.
    Anyway thanks for putting me wise.
    Cheers bud .
    Glenn.

9. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

Personally i would go for a SLX the X-Line poles are hardly tried and tested the clamps are bigger and clumsy to use ,I still have an old Elite pole in garage which has the same clamps from over 4 years ago i use it to prop my my garage door when windy .

When you're spending hundreds of pounds on something you use all day everyday you want it to be right , On a FB page their was only one guy who really liked the X-Line and their is plenty of users .

Gardiners have continually strived to produce the best poles on the market and i have yet to see any other company come any were near regarding quality and durability .

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#10 spruce, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    Hi Glenn.
    If you can afford it, then I say go with what you feel is your best option. :)

What I like about forums such as this is that others advise is based on their experience, so if that advice sounds reasonable then its worthy of consideration. What I believe is the best product to use in my business may not suit another and I must respect that. I personally enjoy reading about others experiences and how they are running their businesses.

Over the years, a lot of equipment changes I have made are due to taking on board the experiences and recommendations of others.

For example, I have only ever used minibore hose since changing from 1/2" hose 10 years ago. The next change is going to be going to microbore, and that is solely due to the recommendations of others. I honestly would do that off my own bat.

As for me, I'm inclined to agree with Iron Giant regarding Gardiner poles. I appreciate that the carbon fiber pole market is evolving but I'm assured that any genuine issues will be dealt with by the master himself. That's good enough for me.

Advertisement