Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Very Dirty Skylights Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

London Window Cleaning

I actually find that a simple solution of Ecover Washing up liquid and water sprayed on and left for 10 minutes is great in a number of situations.

I make mine with a good 3 sec squirt of Ecover in 5L of water, then spray liberally. Leave for 10mins, and clean off with a brush with a bit of cleaning power to it - A brush that you would use of a first clean.

Paul

thanks Paul

I clean them with Ecover, and brush as well. i hope that someone could recommend heavy duty cleaner. Owners just bought house and let me

experiment with this "dodgy" windows. I scrape them and dirt got off, but there is a very difficult access. I managed to order scaffold otherwise is impossible to clean them. :Image16:

Should you really use that chemical? The chemical that shouldn't be allowed into the water course!

6.2. Environmental precautions

Any spillage needs to be contained and not allowed to enter water courses, Spillages or uncontrolled discharges into watercourses must be

IMMEDIATELY alerted to the Environmental Agency or other appropriate regulatory body.

You could always try that chemical that RCProperty recommends for getting black mould off cony roofs:

Here is his site and the sales page for the chemical he uses:

http://rcpropertymaintenance.vpweb.co.uk/Cleaning-Supplies.html

I haven't used it myself, maybe he could tell you if it might help on your windows.

I had someone ask me to clean something similar. It was a glass conny roof that was yards from a railway line. I couldn't shift any muck for buggery. I gave up. She bunged me a tenner for my time :)

Iron fall out from the rail ingrained into the glass, need something like sodium thioglycolate to dissolve the ferrous content.

Iron fall out from the rail ingrained into the glass, need something like sodium thioglycolate to dissolve the ferrous content.
Dang - Knowlege!
Respect!

I would have said Virosol and if that didn't work prolly tried spraying it with white vinegar using the 'on pure faith' method/approach.. /emoticons/tongue.png

Back