Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

steam cleaners

B

bill

Just wondering would a good steam cleaner be any good for gutters fascia etc and wot sort would anyone recommend would be good enough for the job

I've tried steam cleaning white plastic window & door frames as a test before and found it did not work that well on badly greying discoloured white plastic as would not restore it back to white. However I did find it's a handy way to clean out window openers & door traks.

Thanks ever

I've tried steam cleaning white plastic window & door frames as a test before and found it did not work that well on badly greying discoloured white plastic as would not restore it back to white. However I did find it's a handy way to clean out window openers & door traks.
y Thanks everyone i dont ghink ill go down that route then

I'm using a hand pumped pressure spayer to apply to windows, frames etc before trad clean. Seems easier to me than bucket.

Bought it to apply hot water and cheaning agent to fasica but it's no good for that unless theres zero wind. Now I'm sticking to the easier apply to brush then scrub method /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using a hand pumped pressure spayer to apply to windows, frames etc before trad clean. Seems easier to me than bucket.
Bought it to apply hot water and cheaning agent to fasica but it's no good for that unless theres zero wind. Now I'm sticking to the easier apply to brush, scub then method /emoticons/smile.png
Many thanks j r

Slightly going off topic but thought this maybe of interst to save wasting your money

Regarding pressure washing gutters I did buy a 7m telescopic pressure washer lance thinking it would work better, be easier and quicker than using a wfp or doing it by hand. I found the blooming thing was a pain in the **** to use as is heavy can also damage plastic guttering joints and blow off bits of fascia trim etc if not careful. Not to mention can drive water into the loft space too.

Stick a gutter clearing bend on it and then the fun really begins as not only did I find it too whippy at height it also kicks like a mule too. Will also blast **** everywhere and make a hell of a mess as I found out the hard way

Slightly going off topic but thought this maybe of interst to save wasting your money
Regarding pressure washing gutters I did buy a 7m telescopit on a roof and toldc pressure washer lance thinking it would work better, be easier and quicker than using a wfp or doing it by hand. I found the blooming thing was a pain in the **** to use as is heavy can also damage plastic guttering joints and blow off bits of fascia trim etc if not careful. Not to mention can drive water into the loft space too.

Stick a gutter clearing bend on it and then the fun really begins as not only did I find it too whippy at height it also kicks like a mule too. Will also blast **** everywhere and make a hell of a mess as I found out the hard way
When I fjrst started doing cleans not that long ago I bought the omnipole facade cleaning kit for doing roofs. I got a 36 foot aluminium telescopic pole and their wall crawler well I had I had it on the roof and told my mate to turn the pressure up and this thing just shot straight up in the air and where I was panicking so much I didnt think to lift off of the trigger so im standing their screaming at my mate to turn it off while he was laughing hes head off

I think I'll avoid pressure washing stuff for now, I'm bound to do a frank and **** it up big time :)

That is so funny.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep I've had one or two frank moments using a telescopic lance too :whistle:

When I fjrst started doing cleans not that long ago I bought the omnipole facade cleaning kit for doing roofs. I got a 36 foot aluminium telescopic pole and their wall crawler well I had I had it on the roof and told my mate to turn the pressure up and this thing just shot straight up in the air and where I was panicking so much I didnt think to lift off of the trigger so im standing their screaming at my mate to turn it off while he was laughing hes head off

I pressure washed a porch roof the other day and did the gutters and fascias while I was at it. It did a great job but the nozzle had to be quite close to get the grime off. For ground floor it's a go for two stories nah.....

Back