Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Can I use a slx pole to clean solar panels? With the free gardener brush you get with the pole? What about cleaning the solar panels that look like tubes?

Can I use a slx pole to clean solar panels? Yes if long enough. With the free gardener brush you get with the pole? No What about cleaning the solar panels that look like tubes? Hot water solar. I wouldn't bother

Can I use a slx pole to clean solar panels? With the free gardener brush you get with the pole? What about cleaning the solar panels that look like tubes?
The solar panels that look like tubes? Mate, gen up a bit before you clean solar panels. It doesn't sound like you are ready yet.Join the UK Solar Panel Cleaners circle on Google+, there is loads of info on there. Add me to your circles, +1 everything you enjoy reading and re-post. It does everyone some good with their Google rank. :)

Solar Panels that look like tubes are hot water heaters, which works by using the suns heat.

Don't think they work in the winter though lol!

(They prob do with todays technology)

I've just joined and it seems rather dead in there steve :Image16:

The solar panels that look like tubes? Mate, gen up a bit before you clean solar panels. It doesn't sound like you are ready yet.

Join the UK Solar Panel Cleaners circle on Google+, there is loads of info on there. Add me to your circles, +1 everything you enjoy reading and re-post. It does everyone some good with their Google rank. :)

It's not a forum smurf. This time last week, there were 6 in the circle. Now there are 44. Give it time. Articles are being added.

Yes you can if it's long enough. Depends which brush you choose. You could clean them with a tbar mop and squeegee if you could reach. There is alot of kidology with cleaning panels. They are outdoor installations which are alot hardier than people would have you believe.

Very similar to cleaning velux windows on a sloping roof, they get hot in the sun too, just like all glass does.

As they say don't believe the hype.

I charge £4 per panel and I clean them at any time of day as well, don't be fooled by someone saying that you can only clean them in the morning as they get hot. What if it rains in the late afternoon when they are hot? Nothing as it is irrelevant as they are outdoor installations.

Are they?

Thought hot water solar tubes did not produce electric but with the heat of the sun justs heats the water circulating in the tubes.

So why would anyone want them cleaned as no point surely is there hotwash?

Yep I agree hotwash about all the kidology with cleaning panels too.

I have a long memory Steve when you told me about a soap to use on domestic installs that so say enhances the performance of the panels. I think the only reason why operatives just use wfp & pure water on commercial contracts is simply down to costing & speed and has no bearing on output enhancement/damaging panels what so ever.... Simples.

Yes you can if it's long enough. Depends which brush you choose. You could clean them with a tbar mop and squeegee if you could reach. There is alot of kidology with cleaning panels. They are outdoor installations which are alot hardier than people would have you believe.

Very similar to cleaning velux windows on a sloping roof, they get hot in the sun too, just like all glass does.

As they say don't believe the hype.

I charge £4 per panel and I clean them at any time of day as well, don't be fooled by someone saying that you can only clean them in the morning as they get hot. What if it rains in the late afternoon when they are hot? Nothing as it is irrelevant as they are outdoor installations.

Yep I agree hotwash about all the kidology with cleaning panels too.
I have a long memory Steve when you told me about a soap to use on domestic installs that so say enhances the performance of the panels. I think the only reason why operatives just use wfp & pure water on commercial contracts is simply down to costing & speed and has no bearing on output enhancement/damaging panels what so ever.... Simples.
Be interested to find my quote about that soap smurf. You may have a long memory, but it must be fuzzy too. I have no recollection of that whatsoever. I don't think I have ever advocated such a product. I have been asked to test them, but have not endorsed them. In my opinion, ANY product that needs to be applied prior to cleaning the panels will only slow you down and there is definitely NOT a soap which will enhance the performance of the panels.
Regarding damage to panels, there is not a problem at the moment because the panels are still new out of the wrapper. Lets see who is cleaning panels safely 10 years from now when then edges are starting to fray. A brand new Alfa Romeo is lovely and problem free in its early life. It hardly ever needs touching. Give it ten years though and it will begin to give you grief.

Lots of people on here are narrow minded when it comes to solar cleaning. Lots of people are adding it as a 'new' service. It's not new at all. It's been on the go for decades in other countries. We use WFP because, for now, it is the most efficient. It will not always be that way though.

Be interested to find my quote about that soap smurf. You may have a long memory, but it must be fuzzy too. I have no recollection of that whatsoever. I don't think I have ever advocated such a product. I have been asked to test them, but have not endorsed them. In my opinion, ANY product that needs to be applied prior to cleaning the panels will only slow you down and there is definitely NOT a soap which will enhance the performance of the panels.

Regarding damage to panels, there is not a problem at the moment because the panels are still new out of the wrapper. Lets see who is cleaning panels safely 10 years from now when then edges are starting to fray. A brand new Alfa Romeo is lovely and problem free in its early life. It hardly ever needs touching. Give it ten years though and it will begin to give you grief.

Lots of people on here are narrow minded when it comes to solar cleaning. Lots of people are adding it as a 'new' service. It's not new at all. It's been on the go for decades in other countries. We use WFP because, for now, it is the most efficient. It will not always be that way though.
steve what happens when the edges start to fray? shorly it wont affect how u clean them ?

How will the edges fray on a solar panel? Can't see much friction happening on top of the roof, unless you have lots of fighting birds,. Or that guy who climbs on them with his boots on. Lol. If in 10 years time there is a problem with them I am sure that the majority of solar installation nowadays are the free variety that comes with maintenance so I can't really see the problem with fraying edges on the panels.

Solar farm cleaning, have you seen the purpose built vehicles with an array of rotating brushes that solar companies are starting to buy then employ a driver on minimum wage to clean the whole farm in an hour? More cost effective way to get them clean.http://www.procleansolar.de/en/solar-farm-cleaning/cleaning-vehicles.html

Maybe solar cleaning might just become unprofitable.

How will the edges fray on a solar panel? Can't see much friction happening on top of the roof, unless you have lots of fighting birds,. Or that guy who climbs on them with his boots on. Lol. If in 10 years time there is a problem with them I am sure that the majority of solar installation nowadays are the free variety that comes with maintenance so I can't really see the problem with fraying edges on the panels. Solar farm cleaning, have you seen the purpose built vehicles with an array of rotating brushes that solar companies are starting to buy then employ a driver on minimum wage to clean the whole farm in an hour? More cost effective way to get them clean.http://www.procleansolar.de/en/solar-farm-cleaning/cleaning-vehicles.html

Maybe solar cleaning might just become unprofitable.
See above. The free installs make up a small % of the market. Not many installers offered maintenance either until this last 12 months, even the large companies. Everyone was too busy installing to give a hoot about maintenance. Now that the bottom has fell out of the housing sector, (for no good reason because it is better value to have panels installed now than 2 years ago) companies are adding maintenance to their service. All of the above is great news for me.
As for the vehicles, yes, been watching the develop over the last 4 years. Not scared at all by them. Most are still in prototype phase or are perfect for a specific install, but no good on multiple applications. I've had prices to import, but they are astronomic. However, one has arrived in the country and I will be testing it in September.

The glass won't deteriorate, but the frame around it will, the cabling may become dislodged or damaged. These will all be hazards in the future.

Latest Posts

Back