Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new to window cleaning looking for a water fed pole system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fozzer

hi guys new to the forum and just got into window cleaning. I have only cleaned my own windows but looking to try and make some money on the side and then hopefully just do this on its own. so I have just been using the traditional method. can anyone tell me how much you are looking for a water fed pole system I ideally want one that can be pulled like a trolley system any help will be much appreciated

thanks in advance

cheers

Hi Fozzer and welcome to the forum, you need to ask yourself if you are going to produce your own water or buy it before you can decide what setup to go for.

I started and still have a backpack rather than a trolley as it is a cheaper way in.

best advise for price on starter is ebay, check out the prices on there and ask on here before you commit to buy anything for advise on whether it is any good or worth the money.

good luck and welcome !

my total outlay including 100gpd pure maker and pole and trolley cost me £370...but...boy is that pole heavy some days...

but then...an slx 25 is more....one day it will come cheapys way...:whistle:

Fozzy, I am right in assuming you don't drive?

Hauling around the pure water and gear on foot will not be easy at all.

Look up a user on here called Becs, she has an awesome trailer system she attached to the back of a mountain bike ans even has a baby seat on it.

She is an inspiration!

hi guys new to the forum and just got into window cleaning. I have only cleaned my own windows but looking to try and make some money on the side and then hopefully just do this on its own. so I have just been using the traditional method. can anyone tell me how much you are looking for a water fed pole system I ideally want one that can be pulled like a trolley system any help will be much appreciated
thanks in advance

cheers
Hi there,

I have a van kitted out with full wfp system, which I am having to sell. It is on gumtree and the Ad Id is 1132554389. I have advertised for £2995 but am open to offers. Can train you with the system and show you how to clean windows.

Best,

Jonathan

(07714 456765)

Hi welcome

if I was you mate and speaking from my own experience as a newbie and now doing very well indeed I would try and go for a van mount straight away, I went for trolley and regretted it almost immediately have now sold it and getting van mount done in few week...

like me you probably thought might not take off enough and cant afford it etc but believe me I have been shocked at the amount of work out there and I would so go for a van

I personally use gardiner poles and brushes, back pack and van mount coming soon

all the best

pass your test before you go buying a backpack or trolley. not something you can cart around all day plus you will need full water barrels pole to carry.

Take this as you want but it's just my advice. Surely getting your licence is number 1 priority. On your other thread your talking about going trad & now wfp. After spending the money on getting your licence you then need to insure & tax it. That's not cheap for new drivers. Don't get me wrong I'm all for planning ahead & I wish you all the best but get the feeling you wanna run before you can walk. It's not easy setting up & there be setbacks but it is rewarding at the end. Get yer licence. Put a few feelers out & put a bit away then when yer got yer licence you can start. All the best.

I've been using same set up as Cheapy for over a year now, the pole is needing to be replaced now mind, was around £400 for the lot, including making pure etc

I've been using same set up as Cheapy for over a year now, the pole is needing to be replaced now mind, was around £400 for the lot, including making pure etc

yep just painted mine to make it better..and it works....

maybe needs sanding down...

bottom clamp broke but you can get for a tenner but cheapy too tight so ....he bought two long bolts as he doesnt use the bottom section much...

and now he has 30 metres of 8 mm on a reel and leaves back pack and barrels and goes walkabout like a true pro windowcleaner.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back