Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wow Thats Cheap For A Carbon Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I got hold of the manufacturers in china and asked them how much the carbon fibre poles cost. I have a price list in pdf and they are willing to send me one as a sample ($50) on top of the price plus postage.

36f carbon fibre pole is £140

26ft fibreglass pole is £21

I will see how much postage is for 1 of each.
The thing with finding incredible bargains outside the UK is that as soon as it arrives you're charged Import Duty and VAT on top of what you've paid

Then it tends to work out the same as you'd have paid in the UK anyway - but no guarantee or customer services if something isn't right

The thing with finding incredible bargains outside the UK is that as soon as it arrives you're charged Import Duty and VAT on top of what you've paid

Then it tends to work out the same as you'd have paid in the UK anyway - but no guarantee or customer services if something isn't right

I have found dealing with overseas manufactures/suppliers has been great, never had a problem, that wasn’t resolved, not that there has been many problems in the first place, in fact I personally cant recall any major problems when dealing with overseas businesses.

The price issue isn’t the same with the carbon fibre water fed poles; it works out a lot cheaper. There not incredible bargains, it’s the other way around; you have been – you are - paying too much and just got accustomed to it

I have 25ft Hi-Modulus Carbon Fibre Pole with a 3k carbon fibre outer finish much better than anything you can get off the shelf in the UK these poles can cost as little as £125 each, I have the current price list in front of me right now sitting on my desk.

I couldn’t tell you the current price for a cheaper made 25ft Carbon fibre pole, but going by a different manufacturer and looking at there older price list about 33% of this pole so I guess around £40 mark per unit.

Richard

Hi mate I replyed to your email.

When you buy a wfp from a supplier in the UK, it’s a 5 minute job to order but you will have to pay there prices. If you want to import the wfp yourself you can make huge savings, but you will have to put in alot more time to arrange this.

Saying thast, once you know how to do it, its just a question of ordering. You might get luckly first time around and be able to order a pole quickly, China economy and its exports to europe has slowed, so the compaines you contact might be more eager now to deal with smaller orders and individuals direct.

An alternative; use an UK inport company, effectivly you will be buying from them, and you agree a fee with them for doing this. Only pay when you have the goods in your hand. You can save them a lot of time and legwork and save yourself some money by directing them to the company that makes the pole.

they quoted me $400 for a 36 carbon and a 26 fiber glass, that includes shipping via airmail ETA delivery is 5 days. I will buy it at the end of the month.

Sorry thought you meant delivery as well. Think delivery is around $79.00.

So roughly cost of pole £368

Bank charges £35 (depending on bank)

Duty £22.08

VAT £78.02

Total cost roughly £503

SLX 35 £385 + VAT £462

Figures may be slightly out but if there was a saving would be very little

Doug that might be the price if you do it that way; there is a number of suppliers and manufacturers who sell carbon fibre pole, so depending where, how and what you buy prices will be different, even for an identical pole.

25ft 100% carbon fibre pole can be had for a little as £50, higher modulus pole you can add 50% and easily double that price for the best quality Carbon fibre.

The saving is substantial, if done correctly.

Richard

Sorry thought you meant delivery as well. Think delivery is around $79.00.

So roughly cost of pole £368

Bank charges £35 (depending on bank)

Duty £22.08

VAT £78.02

Total cost roughly £503

SLX 35 £385 + VAT £462

Figures may be slightly out but if there was a saving would be very little
if you buy in bulk you would get it much much cheaper.... thats how all the wfp companies make their money mate

100% correct in bulk buying, you would have to spend around £10k to get a good return back.

Just pointing out to the individual purchase where they may think they are saving but once you take into account all the other fees there is sometimes no saving.

Roughly 40% of cost of goods from manufacturer to customer is freight cost. If you could actually manufacture them yourself then that would even be better.

I think buying from a UK supplier, is good practice, for many reasons; and it’s a good decision to do so. But it’s ambiguous to say your need to buy in bulk and then be more specific and says you need to spend £10,000 to make profit or a saving.

It depends on what you want to achieve, if you just want a single pole you can make a saving, but why not spend the same amount of money as you would have to pay in the UK to get one pole, but get in return 2 or 3 poles in return?

As for the quantities for bulk, that starts at 10 poles, with some manufactures, no need to spend £10,000. The money amount is closer to (less than) £1,000 or £2,000 depending on the quality; this example of figures would be for a 25ft pole that is 100% carbon fibre up to a quality standard of high modulus and 3k carbon fibre, all cost are included.

Richard

Back