Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting Up....some Advice If Possible?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vespawho

Hi, i have just posted in the trad section, so wont go over things twice......(reasons for starting etc in that section)

But i am looking to start window cleaning again.

I have still got my trad stuff and will be starting off with that most probably.

But i am very interested in WFP.

Save the ladder work, reach those awkward windows and clean solar panels.

I have a large fiat ducato mwb van already so loads of space, but due to still doing my excisting building work until i have a round big enough to pack that up i dont want to fill the van up with a big tank.

So i was thinking about a trolley system. That way i can load up the trolley, 25lt containers and off i go.

I have been looking at systems and getting so confused!! lol

So thought best thing is to ask here!!

I would be looking to produce my own water ( i live in a hard water area) store it in a purpose made tank or IBC.

Maybe a system that could be placed in a van at a later date? but kept in a shed to start with?

Can anyone suggest a good trolley, pole and brush

etc etc

Without breaking the bank basically!!

Hope this all makes sense, if not ask away.......its all new to me but does look like a way to go or at least has its uses.

Thanks in advance

James

If you are just starting out wfp I would buy a backpack for about £100 you would still use your backpack later as your round gets bigger so money is not wasted a di vessel to make pure water as you wont need much to start off with and you wont need storage space and I would buy gardiners pole and brushes

where are you based there might be people on hear who might have second hand gear or somewhere you can buy some water

hi mate wen i first started i baught all second hand gear i baught my self a trailer which i fitted a 250 flat tank in i baught second hand 100psi pump and variflow controller had that mounted on a piece of board just in front of tank ,i then baught a brand new 300gpd ro unit only small but good to start out i could fill my tank in around about 5 hours with my booster pump the trailer was put in my shed to fill good pipe going in to my tank and **** water going in bin,by doing it in the trailer its pretty safe as your going to get leaks as ist the first time and its not going to matter and just pick it up from there .I did that for 6 months learnt how to plumb it all in and decided that was what i wanted to do. I then baught a new van better gear and so on,the best thing to do is start small spend little money and go from there u dont want to spends loads of money and then decide its **** ,for me i spent about 800 thats with trailer and poles batery and a few other little bits, hope that helps a little bit mate

Hi, i have just posted in the trad section, so wont go over things twice......(reasons for starting etc in that section)But i am looking to start window cleaning again.

I have still got my trad stuff and will be starting off with that most probably.

But i am very interested in WFP.

Save the ladder work, reach those awkward windows and clean solar panels.

I have a large fiat ducato mwb van already so loads of space, but due to still doing my excisting building work until i have a round big enough to pack that up i dont want to fill the van up with a big tank.

So i was thinking about a trolley system. That way i can load up the trolley, 25lt containers and off i go.

I have been looking at systems and getting so confused!! lol

So thought best thing is to ask here!!

I would be looking to produce my own water ( i live in a hard water area) store it in a purpose made tank or IBC.

Maybe a system that could be placed in a van at a later date? but kept in a shed to start with?

Can anyone suggest a good trolley, pole and brush

etc etc

Without breaking the bank basically!!

Hope this all makes sense, if not ask away.......its all new to me but does look like a way to go or at least has its uses.

Thanks in advance

James
Hi mate
If you buy poles i would recommend Gardener Poles there really good you cant go wrong.

When your looking to buy anything WFP stay away from Brodex Machines, poles, brushes. A good company to use is pure freedom ive allways found them really good and helpfull,

Good Look.

I hava a tecbuk trolly and s purefreedom they both good trollys as for a pole I would go for a gardiners they seem to be the best

Hi all and thanks guys for the replies!!

I am based near Bournemouth for starters. I am looking on ebay for second hand stuff.

Im quiet happy with plumbing etc, do it with work now, so if i can get all the bits and make a system i would be happy to go that way.

Maybe someone could list me what i need to make a ro system.

Sam....i really like the trailer set up, very neat mate!!

and most of it second hand and all for £800!! wow

Unfortunatly i live in a terrace with no water by my garage. That is why i am looking at having a small shed with a tank and RO unit etc in. Then i can fill the 25 lt tubs and take them to my van.

Im not sure about a back pack, think i would rather tow a trolley.....looking to give my back a rest! lol

I am looking at the solar panel cleaning .....if you dont mind me asking....How do you price them?

Sorry for all the questions!

my system i use now is in my shed same ro unit it filters into a 200 ltr but takes same sort of time and i used to fill my 25ltr tanks up from it, now i just run a transfer pump straight to my van.if u go on ebay press reverce osmosis units and u will find a 300gpd unit the company will be called collis water products he will sort u out a booster pump to. hes a sound bloke he will also do di vessel to,only a litre one but is sweet for what u need to go along with this unit. u will need shurflow pump 100 psi get them new for 70 quid controller for about the same and then just have a look for pole and reel and then stupid plumbing bits and your be sound

Hi all and thanks guys for the replies!!
I am based near Bournemouth for starters. I am looking on ebay for second hand stuff.

Im quiet happy with plumbing etc, do it with work now, so if i can get all the bits and make a system i would be happy to go that way.

Maybe someone could list me what i need to make a ro system.

Sam....i really like the trailer set up, very neat mate!!

and most of it second hand and all for £800!! wow

Unfortunatly i live in a terrace with no water by my garage. That is why i am looking at having a small shed with a tank and RO unit etc in. Then i can fill the 25 lt tubs and take them to my van.

Im not sure about a back pack, think i would rather tow a trolley.....looking to give my back a rest! lol

I am looking at the solar panel cleaning .....if you dont mind me asking....How do you price them?

Sorry for all the questions!
Our window cleaning daddy (mark m) is not far from you. He's very good for advice & tips.

ya u mean the second hand gear in ken,t are have a propper read of it if its the right thing im looking at,just let me know and are get back to u

hello, was wondering if anyone could give me advice on getting pure water. i was thinking of having a resin filter in my van and a couple at my house. if i filled my tank through the 2 resin filters at home would it purify the water enough? thanks people

thanks for the reply. i didn't want to go the backpack route, easier to use van me thinks. was going to have tank in van and wanted know if using just resin filters would purify water enough.

Alrite mate ,U would need a little ro unit as the Di on its own wont bring the tds down enough .Ive got a 300gpd unit which gets me about 250 ltrs in 5/6 hours .it all depends on your water coming out your tap if its low enough u might get away with just di but i dought it

thanks mate. Did you make the RO yourself or buy as a complete ready made set up? Advice on where to get the bits would be most appreciated as there so much out there and need to know what is best so dont waste money on cheaper maybe inferior bits lol!! thanks again

Back