gardiners clueless about acme accessory screw thread

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by simon, Sep 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

i got one to fit a pro gutter tool, which has an acme thread & screws onto my unger extension pole, so i can put it on my clx instead but it doesnt screw on, the threads seem completely different so i rang gardiners & asked them
    AND she didn't know why it wouldnt fit, they dont sell anything that actually uses an acme thread & never have as far as she knew & couldn't tell me where i could buy anything that would fit an acme thread !!!!
    when i asked why they sold the accessory she said, oh someone must of asked for it ???
    normally think gardiners are 100% but not this time

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Sometimes you guys are hard to please. :p

Why should Gardners know everything, especially about something they don't sell? Why don't you phone the manufacturers of the Pro Gutter Tools and moan at them for not producing the tools with a different thread?

I have never found a conversion from the standard brush thread to Acme so I doubt you will be able to use your clx for that application. We still use Unger poles with the Acme attachment when using the Pro Gutter Tool.

3. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Not sure who you spoke to, but we do know why we sell these and what they are for ;)

We sell the swivel pad holders and abrasive pads that screw directly on to these fittings - http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...-attachments/doodlebug-swivel-pad-holder.html

There are over 90 different size ACME threads available so it may be that the Pro-Gutter Tool uses a different size ACME thread. The size we make are the most popular US thread size for janitorial tools, as the majority of these fittings get shipped to the US where they are very popular.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The thread for pro gutter tools is the same one as on the harris pole and unger end cones

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

These are the attachments Alex.

http://progutter.co.uk/

The Unger adapter cone fits them.

http://wintecs.co.uk/unger-cone-ergotec/

6. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Thanks Spruce.

Never tried our fittings for compatibility with the Unger/Pro-Gutter threads. We just wanted them to be the right size thread for use with the swivel pad holders that we sell.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I can vouch that the Gardiners red acme thread attachment does fit the Pro Gutter Tool.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Alex have you got anything that can attach your abrasive pads to the reach around tool that screws onto acme thread, I know you have the scraper, but I think I would like to use an abrasive pad on a small square fitment.

Also I want to fit my unger cobweb remover on my reach around tool, is there anything anyway of putting the trad tool attachment to the reach around tool, I get heeps of cobwebs in he country and want to put this on my reach around to take cobwebs off, before wfp windows, any ideas and links? Thanks:thumbsup:

9. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

To fit abrasive pads to the reach around tool you need this - http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/al...-attachments/doodlebug-swivel-pad-holder.html

I believe that you can buy a taper cone that fits on to the Acme screw thread tip - perhaps this would work - 14th item down on this page - http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Unger_and_Ettore_telescopic_poles_accessories.html

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Hi Tuffers,

I didn't know that, so thanks for the info.

I doubt I would want to use my SLX as a gutter clearing tool though. I would imagine that the red Reach Around Dual Tool Gooseneck adapter will have lock notches on both sides, and if so won't make a stand alone adapter to be used for the gutter tools.

Advertisement