gardiners extreme 25 pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by charlie tapper, Mar 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. charlie tapper

Hi
    Thinking about getting this pole . Has anyone else got any reviews on the gardiners extreme poles.
    Thinking of getting extreme to make light work .
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's on my wish list ;)

3. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Great pole......but a bit expensive for a 25' pole.

I have SLX 22' and SLX 35' both great poles up to their heights.
    I reckon anything above 35' and the Extreme will be the one to go for.....I'm still saving for one :).

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Same poles as me. I keep clicking on the Gardiners website and going to the Xtreme 25', and hovering my finger over the add to basket. I can't bring myself to do it :confused:

5. keir

keir Guru

How much lighter than the slx 25 is it?

Love the slx 25, still not loving the clamps though but i do appreciate that they are very very good, i love the facelift clamps but they just don't have the same quality/sturdiness

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

got the facelift 22ft your right keir clamps the best i,ve used but the quailty of the poles not good it will be my last
    interesting point was going to go for extreme 22ft but the lady at gardiners steered me towards slx 22ft she said using the extreme every day would,int last as long as the SLX
    took her advice over the moon with the slx , 25ft sure would be total winner

7. keir

keir Guru

Now thats interesting duncs, i wonder if thats why the facelift doesn't last as long? I.e. Similar to the extreme
    To be fair i dont have an issue with the sections its the clamps, i'm after going to the shop whilst facelift are there to ask them if they have revised clamp materials or design

8. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

290g for premium of £236 which is too much in my opinion but a 47ft is because the premium is £416 to shave 1kg which for regular use would be exceptional.

9. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

No.
    The Facelift Pheonix Pole is Carbon Fiber , as is the Gardiner SLX range...... where-as the Gardiners Extreme range is High Modulas Carbon Fiber.

What the lady from Gardiner meant was.......
    The SLX will withstand more abuse (knocks'n'scrapes) in every-day use, compared to an Extreme pole which , while being a far more rigid, it will also require more care in use.

10. rs2315

rs2315 Member

I had 25 extreme with old clamps.
    The pole lasted me just over a year. A section snapped on me, which was honered under warranty.Another section developed small splinter splits in it.
    I decided to buy an slx22 instead of buying a new section for the extreme.

The extreme as has been said is a delicate pole, with very thin side walls.
    If you do purchase an extreme take time cleaning it, internal and external surfaces, which should prolong it's life.

Please please bring back the old clamps.

The new clamps on my slx have two probs, the first is they spin, which is a real pain as quick location with thumbs is tricky, and drives me nuts. Alex suggests tightening the clamp, which helps for a few days, but to stop all movement of clamp the lever is then to tight to open and close sweetly.
    The second prob is when you open clamp the lever drops to low, which for me makes it difficult to connect thumb onto clamp to close up.

The old clamp might not be as ergonomic as the new one, but it stayed put, and I could use it with my eyes shut.

rs2315.

Advertisement