Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Only using Vac for gutters and never using ladders

Cristian

Hi, I can't see how it's possible not to use ladders at some stage to clear out guttering and down pipes. I have seen a few gutter only companies lately that say they only use a vac and one of them that caught my eye keeps popping up on the boards here gutterpro.co.uk and they boast they only use a vac and never use ladders! This in the real World I know will not work for all gutter clearance jobs so they must be avoiding the really blocked up jobs etc in my opinion! What's yer thoughts on this lads? :rolleyes:

If you don't mind losing jobs I guess you could just avoid all the ones with blocked down pipes, slates in the gutters etc!
I run a gutter only company - but we undertake full replacement etc, and I tell you now EVER job I have to get my ladder out,

1. Check down pipes are not blocked

2. Replace gaskets and seal joints

3. Flush gutters through after vac

4. Get tiles out

5. Etc etc etc

IMO to do gutter cleaning proper you have to use both systems vac and ladder.

Thanks Kieman for sharing your experience in gutter clearing, ladders and a vac looks the only way to cover every job that comes up!

Latest Posts

Back