Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking about changing from Gardiners poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark m

Like a lot of you i use Gardiner's poles i can really fort them except i think there clamps are **** but i fill a change is due .I need to get a new pole shortly and i have been looking at the elite pole i have read nothing but good things about them has anybody got one? .have a look at there website below looks very cheap big strong clamps and nice and light

http://www.thewaterfedpolecompany.co.uk/

http://www.thewaterfedpolecompany.co.uk/CARBON_FIBRE_POLES/cat694972_619791.aspx

Jeez man, you have really stuck a spanner in the works!, i have been drooling over gardiners poles for ages now and getting close to being able to afford to replace my 34' fibreglass brodex. now you are telling me that the gardiners clamps are Swear word!, which (apart from customer service) is the only real problem i have had with my brodex poles. Now i'm not so sure about the gardiners poles!, thanks!!, Doh!.

Sorry i thought it was common knowledge the clamps were **** they are small and week but they are easy to repair and the poles are so lovely and light you just get on with it but i have heard a lot of good things about the elite poles recently

gardiners pole are light, but the clamps are Swear word!, one prob i had on mine was i had to keep tightening the clamps so much that my hand use to hurt when opening and closing it, it turned out the section was wearing away, i replaced it with a xtel section and not had the problem since, saying that i would still buy an other

Jeez man, you have really stuck a spanner in the works!, i have been drooling over gardiners poles for ages now and getting close to being able to afford to replace my 34' fibreglass brodex. now you are telling me that the gardiners clamps are Swear word!, which (apart from customer service) is the only real problem i have had with my brodex poles. Now i'm not so sure about the gardiners poles!, thanks!!, Doh!.
I still have a brodex pole and you can`t compare the two poles it like a del boys robin relaint to f1 car

Well i suppose del boys van (reliant supervan is its proper name!) and my 34' brodex pole do have two things in common, they are both made of fibreglass, and both pretty unstable in the wind! :)

Selling your gardiner poles at any point you should pm me, I could do with a couple of new ones, the clamps on the facelift are going a bit.... well, a lot.lol

I have an Elite 30, very happy with it, clamps are good, have a look at the Reach it poles as well, Clearvue on this forum sells them.

We offer Elite poles too. I think the Reach-IT poles are based on the same design.

They Elite poles are good quality, very rigid and lighter than many, if not all. They can be easily split down to use fewer sections for lower work as they don't have positive end stops (the sections are marked instead) and all sections have a finished surface.

Paul

my clx is worn on 1 section where the clamp tightens when its closed - i put 1 turn of electicians tape round the worn bit & jobs a good un, clamp tightens fine along whole length & no fiddling

I think it is all down to personal preference and what you are used to.

If you only have a small amount of work then Streamline's Ntecs are good as the clamps are great but they are heavy and fiberglass.

I have a 36ft Ali brodex which a lot of people really like but I just cannot get on with it (am selling if anyone's interested (used twice) looking for£75 for it).

Gardiner poles are very good bu the clamps are iffy. I am used to them and have no problem but I know some people do not like them at all. Personally I think for £130 a hybrid pole that weighs next to nothing is a good price even if it lasts only a year but that means it is less than £12 per month.

I increased my speed by a third when I changed from fibreglass to hybrid due to the difference in weight alone.

Having said all of this I am now going to try the Elite range (the aqua dapter site sells them). I have never seen one nor tried one myself but I hear really good things about them and at a few hundred pounds for a full CF pole it has to be worth a try.

Maybe someone can set up a review page of all different poles so that we can click or search any given pole (and brush head possibly) and see what people think).

So, whilst I will not say anything bad about any pole as I am sure all have there good points, it really is up to you to try them because as the saying goes - one man's meat is another man's poison!!!

ive got a clx 22, only had this 6 weeks clamps not great,but love the pole, is it the same clamps on the slx . thinking of getting a slx? no ,yes?

If you only have a small amount of work then Streamline's Ntecs are good as the clamps are great but they are heavy and fiberglass.

I have a 36ft Ali brodex which a lot of people really like but I just cannot get on with it (am selling if anyone's interested (used twice) looking for£75 for it).

Gardiner poles are very good bu the clamps are iffy. I am used to them and have no problem but I know some people do not like them at all. Personally I think for £130 a hybrid pole that weighs next to nothing is a good price even if it lasts only a year but that means it is less than £12 per month.

I increased my speed by a third when I changed from fibreglass to hybrid due to the difference in weight alone.

Having said all of this I am now going to try the Elite range (the aqua dapter site sells them). I have never seen one nor tried one myself but I hear really good things about them and at a few hundred pounds for a full CF pole it has to be worth a try.

Maybe someone can set up a review page of all different poles so that we can click or search any given pole (and brush head possibly) and see what people think).

So, whilst I will not say anything bad about any pole as I am sure all have there good points, it really is up to you to try them because as the saying goes - one man's meat is another man's poison!!!
about your pole were are you?

i think the prob with the clx range is that a lot of people think they are going to be a lot better than they are as all they here is how good they are and when they get them, they get battered and a lot of people get disappointed, some times mine annoys the hell out of me and i hate it, but would still buy an other

ive got a clx 22, only had this 6 weeks clamps not great,but love the pole, is it the same clamps on the slx . thinking of getting a slx? no ,yes?

about your pole were are you?
Southend on Sea

I can post at your cost but haven't a clue how much it would cost

Wow, I think this is the first forum I've seen that mr gardiner himself doesn't respond in milliseconds! I had convinced myself he has a physic ability and knows within seconds when something is posted Re gardiners. I am now thinking he is a mere mortal...nah, can't be so. /emoticons/smile.png

Wow, I think this is the first forum I've seen that mr gardiner himself doesn't respond in milliseconds! I had convinced myself he has a physic ability and knows within seconds when something is posted Re gardiners. I am now thinking he is a mere mortal...nah, can't be so. /emoticons/smile.png
What's to say /emoticons/smile.png

Everyone is en***led to their opinion and have a right to post it. If they don't like our clamps - they don't like them! Fortunately of the 1000s of poles we sell every year the vast majority love the clamps and found them better than anything else they had previously used.

Sometimes the advantage of clients trying other equipment occasionally is that it helps them appreciate our products even more /emoticons/smile.png

What's to say /emoticons/smile.png

Everyone is en***led to their opinion and have a right to post it. If they don't like our clamps - they don't like them! Fortunately of the 1000s of poles we sell every year the vast majority love the clamps and found them better than anything else they had previously used.

Sometimes the advantage of clients trying other equipment occasionally is that it helps them appreciate our products even more /emoticons/smile.png
Hi Alex,

I buy a lot of components etc from Gardiner and have no issue at all as otherwise I wouldn't buy your products (obviously). As with any consumer that buys multi-products from a company such as yours that sells hundreds of different lines there will always be the odd gripe, that's just how it is and I am sure that you do not need me to tell you this.

But..I see that a l of people really like your poles but are not keen on the clamps (I personally have no issue with them) so I was wondering whether you had thought about offering the other type of clamp (as on streamline etc) in addition as an option. Obviously this would mean that the pole section and overall length would be slightly compromised but at the same time offering consumers a further choice which can't be a bad thing.

I would be interested in your thoughts on this please.

Richard (from sunny Southend)

Back