Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

Saw on the other forum that one of the member installed a retractable Aldi air hose on his home made trolley, so copied his idea works great and really pleased with it so impressed I have ordered another 1 for my backpack on trolley.

no morewrapping exceed hose around the handles just a little tug and it auto rewinds.

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

Looks particularly nifty on the Nano Den. Can you replace the hose with the hose of you choice do you think?  I only use 16mtrs of Gardiners green. Mind you, hand coiling only 16mtrs of the 'green' is a doddle but it could be useful if you wanted to use a longer length

Even though all my poles are tubeless I still have 10 metres I handcoil for the trolley ten metres retractable hose, plus the 10m pu hose.

the instructions say do not open the reel housing, the hose inside is 6mm extra thick PU hose just like but bigger gauge as the green/blue PU pole hose. 

TBH I used the wrap 15m reinforced pole hose around handles and hand coil the 10m pu pole hose just like before went tubeless. 

This system now is much less effort and much faster.

Even though all my poles are tubeless I still have 10 metres I handcoil for the trolley ten metres retractable hose, plus the 10m pu hose.

the instructions say do not open the reel housing, the hose inside is 6mm extra thick PU hose just like but bigger gauge as the green/blue PU pole hose. 

TBH I used the wrap 15m reinforced pole hose around handles and hand coil the 10m pu pole hose just like before went tubeless. 

This system now is much less effort and much faster.

I'm always on the lookout for any way I can work a bit quicker. But as I'm only using 16mtrs total hose length for the majority of my work and my work is very compact this probably wont work for me. But it looks like it'll work well for some

I used to use that set up when I had my trolley years ago and it worked really well, I would buy a spare for in the future if they are cheap as only time will tell just how long it will last with a good amount of daily use. 

Already ordered a couple of spares, that's my only concern that it might pick up a little dirt when self reeling back in, will using a cloth on hose to hopefully stop dirt going in mechanism.

Its the mechanisim that wears out due to use, So eventually it wont retract as easily then will stop all together I was using a Clarke reel back then and once it wore out i just binned them but if you are a really handy at diy then something maybe able to be done.

It's light and cheap that's for sure if I get a couple of months out of it I would be happy, as I only now have to hand coil the pole hose well my son does lol loads faster and less effort. 

Just glad I use the van mount haha.

The son as been using it all week and loves it, much less effort and so much faster.

Back