Gardiners reinforced hose

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by simon, Jul 22, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

Anyone else finding it a bit difficult in this heat, been fine at first but starting to get swollen n coily, can only think it's the heat

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It's not been getting coily but it is looking fatter than usual in this heat

4. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Got a new SLX during the week and paid an extra couple of quid to have it with reinforced hose. I think its ok but not as responsive as the exeed blue hose when using the univalve.
    Over all I personally prefer the blue hose over Gardiners. Pub time

5. simon

simon Guru

that should of said it HAS been getting coily

i had the hose a few month now & its been great, if a bit heavy, but now its bit of a nightmare, have to turn tap off & then turn univalve on to empty it before putting it away after each job

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Why have you to do that mate?

7. simon

simon Guru

cos the last few days on both poles we use when i turn univalve off the hose seems to swell & coil with the water left in it. makes it hard to coil back up & hang in the van, only way to sort it is turn the flow off & open the univalve let the water out & its back to normal, never did this before, i think the hose is a bit softer cos of the heat, but thats just a guess

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I used to use 25 mtrs of microbore with my trolley and hand coil it. I would lay it out nice and straight, ready to use, connect to pole and turn on the pump. And in a few seconds it would swell and twist up. I think it has something to do with the weave of the material used to re-enforce it. I learned to manage it but it was a pain. I now use PU hose.

Advertisement