Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One of those days!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jgw226

Some times I wonder why I do it!

Today was booked as our busiest days of the week, £585 worth of work to get through between myself and the two lads. Then on our second job our pump decides to pack in. Luckily we had two vans so one lad pulled the short straw and was trad for the day!

The day was running smoothly until some stupid customer must have the slipperiest decking in the UK. Down I went and out popped my shoulder! In f****** agony rolling around on the wet decking! To top it all off I smashed a one day old iPhone 7 and it won't turn back on!!!

3 hours later and it's back in place and I'll take a few days on one handed trad work to get back into the swing of things. The joys of being self employed!!
b1043f6256d76bf454bc8484c43842c6.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Now that does sound like a very poor day.

Occasionally these things are sent to test us.

Dust yourself down and keep moving forward mate.

Now that does sound like a very poor day.
Occasionally these things are sent to test us.

Dust yourself down and keep moving forward mate.

Yep your right Adam! If it was easy going all the time everyone would do it!

It's a times like these I realise the importance of having two lads I can trust to keep the round going and carry on without me there!

Some times I wonder why I do it!
Today was booked as our busiest days of the week, £585 worth of work to get through between myself and the two lads. Then on our second job our pump decides to pack in. Luckily we had two vans so one lad pulled the short straw and was trad for the day!

The day was running smoothly until some stupid customer must have the slipperiest decking in the UK. Down I went and out popped my shoulder! In f****** agony rolling around on the wet decking! To top it all off I smashed a one day old iPhone 7 and it won't turn back on!!!

3 hours later and it's back in place and I'll take a few days on one handed trad work to get back into the swing of things. The joys of being self employed!!
b1043f6256d76bf454bc8484c43842c6.jpg

Sorry to hear that mate!

But after what you said you are far from being self employed. You are a business man!

Self employed people wake up at 7 get the van ready hit the glass then do two gutter fascia jobs and go home with 350 quid (€) at 2pm.

In my case anyway.

Happy recovery!

p.s. iPhone is shite anyway

Sorry to hear that mate!But after what you said you are far from being self employed. You are a business man!

Self employed people wake up at 7 get the van ready hit the glass then do two gutter fascia jobs and go home with 350 quid (€) at 2pm.

In my case anyway.

Happy recovery!

p.s. iPhone is shite anyway

Thanks mate! Sometimes I wish it was just me and getting home at 2 sounds ideal! But then I'd have the missus shouting at me to do the jobs at home that I keep putting off!

Think I'd rather be out on the glass in the cold than have her in my ear!

Back