Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Vac Users

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Do any of you use your vac without the filter in the drum? Mine was losing suction last time I used it, so I took the filter out (which was dry) and it worked fine, apart from all the muck going all over the gubbins. Will I damage the motors if I continue to use it this way?

I'd think if you use without the filter small debris and dirt would get into the motors? Maybe be wrong, but same thing applies to a air filter on a car doesnt it, without it it will break eventually.

I'd think if you use without the filter small debris and dirt would get into the motors? Maybe be wrong, but same thing applies to a air filter on a car doesnt it, without it it will break eventually.
That's what I'm afraid of, but with the filter in it sucks for a bit and then just stops sucking.

Hmm wonder why that is happening? Nothing blocked in the filter is there?
No, I always give it a hose down after jobs and leave it to dry. I do use a plastic bag over the inlet to stop wet muck hitting the filter. Don't know if that is causing the problem? But if I didn't use the plastic bag the filter would get wet and be useless.

Yeh does sound strange that if it has worked fine before, have you tried it without the plastic bag just to see if it's that? Mine has a metal guard that protects the filter from any incoming debris which does help but still get some muck on the filter after a heavy clean. I do the same and just hose it off after each job and let dry out.

Yeh does sound strange that if it has worked fine before, have you tried it without the plastic bag just to see if it's that? Mine has a metal guard that protects the filter from any incoming debris which does help but still get some muck on the filter after a heavy clean. I do the same and just hose it off after each job and let dry out.
I'll try it without the plastic bag next time I use it, but like I say the filter gets clogged and won't suck through if it's wet.

What make is your vac? You would think as a wet vac it would be designed to take some muck through it? If the filter is old might be worth changing it as maybe the internals of it that you can't see are getting blocked up possibly? Can't think what else might be the problem.

View attachment 5752

I like that end tool, and that weed hook would be handy! I think I called them once to see if I could buy them and if they would fit on my skyvac carbon poles, but they said it onyl fits there stuff???

Latest Posts

Back