Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flushing Reverse Osmosis System (40" Membrane)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

DanC

Just a quick question regarding a 40" RO

If you are running a 40" RO How do you all go about flushing yours?

When i first got mine i was told that to flush it all you do is open the waist valve to FULL and run it for 45mins without the booster pump running.

Now is this the correct way to flush a 40" RO as i have been reading about back flushing. Is is possible to back flush a 40" RO?

Same principle of any ro as when the valve is set to waste position as you have been told it will flush the membrane of any dissolved solids trapped in it. So my understanding lengthens the life of the ro also if membrane is flushed regularly (kept clear) helps increase water production too.

Maybe but how would you go about doing that?

Say flushing at 8 lpm at 60 psi x 45 mins = 360 liter of pure you would use each time you wanted to flush the system.

I'm sure some use some kind of softner like ionics do too but don't know how this works or setup but I'm sure other ionic users on here might be able to tell us.

I use a 200L/min submersible transfer pump, so thinking of running a T with a shut of valve on the Transfer hose and a T with another Shut off Valve on the tap inlet that way i close the tap water inlet and open the pure water inlet and flush with pure water now n then so no mains water would mix out. Dunno if it would make all that much difference though to be honest!

Back