Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ibc 600 tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

might be able to get my hands on a Ibc 600 tank the person that owns it never used it and said they believe it was used for jet washing? Not sure if used for detergents or just water are they easy to clean/rinse out and what is the best way to transfer water from tank to containers as my water butt is just gravity fed and takes age to fill the containers.

Thanks.

Cheers spruce would need to pump a distance of about 25 to 30ft from tank to van.

Thanks .

Cheers spruce would need to pump a distance of about 25 to 30ft from tank to van.
Thanks .
We have used a pump from Machine Mart for years.

Clarke SPE800 1” Self Priming Pump - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

Its in a cupboard above the IBC tank. We use 1" hose

1" Reinforced Hose - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

I choose to do it this way so I could keep the pump from freezing up in the winter as I fitted a 40 watt bulb into the cupboard for warmth.

Our IBC tank has a small filler with a vent. I removed the vent and fed the hose through that. I fitted a brass foot valve on the end of the hose into the tank. I have a short piece from the pump to the garage door and 2 lengths I join together if I need to fill the van in the street. The driveway is long enough for a Berlingo/Partner van, my Citroen Relay and a Citroen Xsara. Pacing the driveway length out to the road I would estimate 50'. Hence why the hose is in two lengths.

I have never used a sub pump. A submersibile from MachineMart has 1 1/4" hose fittings. I wouldn't see an issue with a length of hose you require tbh. We have never seen the water at the top of the IBC tank freeze in the garage, but I have had the remaining water in the delivery pipe to the garage doors freeze. So a sub pump will always be 'safe' inside your tank.

I'm sure a lot of windies need longer hoses than you need.

-

Cheers spruce your posts are always detailed and educational nice one, because I'm trying to get my set up right or as best as I can from the off so taking all consideration onboard Mark067 mentioned he had a 400 litre baffle tank in his back garden now after a little bit of research measurement wise that would fit perfect in my coal shed where the RO system is and also give my the extra space I need within the coal shed as it small to store my backpack trolley extra I'm now thinking this would be a better option for weather protection also..

I known I keep changing my mind but want to explore every avenue.

Thanks.

Back