Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Di In Van Or At Home?

TobySampson

I've tried searching for the answer but cant seem to find the answer...

Is it best to put pure water into your tank in the van or put water from your ro in the van and have a di in the van?

Id say it doesn`t really matter, more weight in van if you carry one..

If you have one in van and need extra water you can add to your tank while your out....

If you dont have one you`ve only got the water you set off with that morning..

I personally dont have any filtration in the van but i carry 900 litres so I`m never in need of refilling..

I have di in van.. If you fill with pure and have to drain it would be a waste.. But if your filled straight from tank you won't waste anything

I don't have a van system, but have thought about it. Some of the considerations that I have been thinking about are:

In Van - Pros

- Easier - just add water to van from any source - home or customers house if you run out and they have an outside hose.

- Less Storage At Home - No need to store equipment or even bulk water at home.

In Van - Cons

- You need to give more room in your van to the filters and DI tank

- If your van crashes - all your water producing kit is potentially wrecked with it.

- If your van is off the road for even a service, then all your water producing gear is with it.

Though, I am not ready to go that way as yet. I am currently leaning to the "In Van" method as I think the pros outweight the cons. The biggest cons being the 'off road' issues. But when off road, all the rest of your kit will be of road with it, including your water tank. So better to plan better and make sure that you have sufficient insurance cover for all the permanent gear in the van.

But remember - I don't do it, so my opinions are not as important as others who have actually hands on, Van system, experience.

Paul

Id say it doesn`t really matter, more weight in van if you carry one..
If you have one in van and need extra water you can add to your tank while your out....

If you dont have one you`ve only got the water you set off with that morning..

I personally dont have any filtration in the van but i carry 900 litres so I`m never in need of refilling..
My van couldn't carry 900ltrs so I'm thinking it'd be good to have it in the van.

Whys that, any reasons?
Cos i gotta fill my tank up anyway regardless so i may aswell put it thru the di when am filling up that way its purified , also i can change my resin when i need to /emoticons/smile.png what if u go out n ya resin needs changing while your on a hectic time schedule? I think doing it the nite before keeps me organised much more /emoticons/smile.png

I've tried searching for the answer but cant seem to find the answer...
Is it best to put pure water into your tank in the van or put water from your ro in the van and have a di in the van?
RO filter the water then DI it then leave it in the static tank - but still have a DI in the van - the cost to do this works out at few pence a day, including the price of a large DI vessel, you wont need to change the DI resin all year, or longer.

The benefit is you will have no worries about the water not being pure, and you have a redundant system in place for about £80.

Richard

RO filter the water then DI it then leave it in the static tank - but still have a DI in the van - the cost to do this works out at few pence a day, including the price of a large DI vessel, you wont need to change the DI resin all year, or longer.
The benefit is you will have no worries about the water not being pure, and you have a redundant system in place for about £80.

Richard
If youve purified the water already why would you need it to go through a di again? is it just to make sure?

It’s a redundant set up; it’s much easier and cheaper in time & money than you planning and then expecting to have trouble free water purification in place during the time you run a window cleaning business.

Richard

If youve purified the water already why would you need it to go through a di again? is it just to make sure?
The way I read it is, if the first di's resin is on the way out the 2nd one will defo purify the water. A bit like using the twin di method by swapping di's around. Just a thought.

Richard I've read you posts through a few times and still don't understand. Thanks tuffers for the translation but still not sure of the point. I think Richard does it to be sure its pure, haven't heard of anyone else doing that.

I have all my purification stuff in the van, including 2 DI vessels, one for each pole. We pump into the vessel to prevent air locks. Have only had to link on to a water source twice in 10 years, but it was dead handy both times. Not sure if that answers your question, but that's how I do it.

Richard I've read you posts through a few times and still don't understand. Thanks tuffers for the translation but still not sure of the point. I think Richard does it to be sure its pure, haven't heard of anyone else doing that.
Just by adding the DI in the van you will have a redundant system, that isn’t complex or expensive to do. Giving the water a 2nd polish with the DI just prior to using the water, isn’t a bad thing either.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back