Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Speeding up RO?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jon Grainger

Hi guys,

Just bought my first RO system from Soap National, it's the Streamline 300GPD, and got it running into my van tank while I jet wash out my IBC tank.

I've had it running one hour, and it's coming out at a trickle, and has only filled up my 350ltrs tank by 15mm tops, so I estimate it's going to take a fair few hours just to fill that! Local window cleaners seem to fill up extremely quickly, anything I can do to get the output up? The output on the website is 300 gallons a day, roughly 900ltrs.

I have it coming from my outside tap

Regards

J

300 GPD is in optimal working conditions, ie., high pressure and exact water temperature. A day is also 24 hours, not 12 hours. And, as you have alluded to, the gallons quoted are US gallon and not imperial gallons.

You could add another 300 GPD housing and membrane to double the speed. Then there is the option of adding a booster pump.

I would buy a 4040 r/o and sell the one you have on ebay. Endless supply of water. Without water you can't work and earn.

Our 4040 with HF5 membrane and 50 psi water pressure produces 2 liters a minute of pure at 98.5% efficiency with 2 liters of waste. I can't believe I messed around for years with a 450 GPD r/o 'rationing' water with the 3 of us drawing from the IBC tank.

If there is just you then a 300 GPD r/o processing water into an IBC tank will probably be enough. An IBC tank holds 1000 litres, so when full that will give you a 'cushion' to rely on.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thing to consider is that your r/o is probably producing at the fastest rate at the moment as the water temperature out of your tap is the warmest it will be this Autumn. As we get into winter the water gets colder and processing times will get longer.

Have you considered it might be more cost effective for you if you live in a soft water area to use only Di method?

Back