Gardiners wfp backpack Review .

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by All Round Cleaning, Jun 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Ok so I purchased this backpack from Gardiners website on the 5th of june which was a public holiday and received it on the 7th
    on next day Fedex delivery .
    upon opening the package i noticed that the power switch was not attached to the unit , so gave Gardiners a call and they sent another straight away on next day delivery 10 / 10 for customer service no questions asked what so ever .

The unit itself seems of a good quality although there are a few ****les.

The one that concerns me the most is the battery
    it is in no way secured inside the unit and it rattles around .
    In my opinion this is what has caused the damage to the first unit
    as in transit this can rattle around inside the unit and it sits directly behind the power supply switch and the pump controls .
    also upon further inspection where the switch was supposed to be I noticed that the electrical connectors were not correctly insulated with the shrinkwrap insulation . This was just placed over the connectors now in my opinion in an enviroment where it will be in contact with water this needs to be looked at as this could potentially cause problems .

The next problem in my opinion is the straps they do work as they should but I feel that the way they are attached to the unit will cause trouble at a later stage . As the system that is used to retain the straps is quite flimsy , although time will tell so we will just see how we go with this as I'm trad at the moment and will only use this for awkward windows and conservatories etc .

One of the best functions on this system is the bottom drain hole if you wanted to mount this in a vehicle and use it like this I feel that you could .
    As long as you have a decent sized tank and have enough water in it equilibrium will push the water into the system and into the backpacks tank and you can then use it as a van mount .
    This in my opinion is a good function if you want an inexpensive vehicle mounted system for a knock down price !
    Iam yet to test this theory out so if anyone else gets a chance before me let me know .

I will add to this as and when I find i need to .

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

[​IMG][/URL][/img]
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

3. simon

simon Guru

nice one gav

as i constantly have a backpack on my back problems with straps are important to me, also the battery, cos i'm constantly lifting & slipping it off my shoulders the battery not being secure is also a big prob

4. harunh

harunh Legend

simon what backpack do u use?

5. simon

simon Guru

extend2wash 505 mate. its had rough treatment & never let me down although i replaced the strap clips with carabiners & got a strap mended at the cobblers. i've used it at 45ft no problem - i've fallen over & slid off a ledge & landed on top of it without any damage . when its full its easy to carry by the lid

6. All Round Cleaning

I will do a video in a bit and upload it so people get an idea of what im on about .

7. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Thanks for your feedback Gav - always appreciated.

I would agree that the battery should be properly fixed into position and I will be getting this remedied on any of this batch that are not and all future production runs.

It will be interesting to see your opinion on the straps mounting point in say 6 months’ time and how they are still performing. I would never personally recommend using a backpack as a backpack though as this could lead to long term back problems. I use mine as a portable unit and carry it by the handle - in 3 years I have never carried it on my back, just too heavy when full of water.

Any other comments I am always interested ;)

8. simon

simon Guru

my lad is in the army & i'm looking at getting the straps off one of his bergens(rucksack) to see if i can fit them on a backpack this would make it very easy to carry all day & much more comfortable. i've tried carrying it round houses by the handle but this is considerably slower
    the battery in mine isn't really fixed in, its just in a tight place & the panel holds it steady when its screwed up

9. Posh

Posh Hero

I never carry mine. Too heavy. Both mine are on a trolley. Find it much easier.

10. All Round Cleaning

Think i might get a trolley tbh .

Advertisement