gardner

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by tench0771, Nov 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

who has tryed the new extreme pole spose to b stronger liter ect ??!!!!!:D

Advertisement
  2. bob duff

bob duff Member

3. bob duff

bob duff Member

I have had mine for a year now brilliant but a lot of problems the metal rings keep slipping and one section broke was sorted but very slow

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

maby thats y the new new ones dont have metel rings then i was wandering y alex stoped using them also u can clamp the pole in any persion so i here

5. Poles Apart

That's not the first time someone has mentioned sections breaking.

6. bob duff

bob duff Member

No you can not clamp in any position pole is not usable when they go gardener told me I was the only person this happened to which was a lie 4 times now mine has gone and my warenty runs out soon still can't get a strait answer of them as to what is going to happen when it runs out and they don't exactly rush to fix although to be fair so far they have I also had a section snap in two and it's not abused cleaned every day used 3 days a week

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

when u say the metel ring was sliping do u mean the clamp wont bite it? thats not good im saprized at that as i allways thault alex did good service

8. bob duff

bob duff Member

N
    O won'tclamp
    Won't bit and when you clean window brush head spins so useless I have had 3 sections replaced and have not had a satisfactory answer yet from gardener as to what will happen when my warranty runs out this month the last time they wanted a hundred photos and went on about wear and tear I think I was to keep in van to look good don't get me wrong they did replace after a month witch was to long a warenty is a warenty they should not give of not prepared to stand over it is good in the sense that it is light a massive difference in my shoulders not as sore as they used to be and the idea behind it was good as pole is thiner than metal rings so pole not rubbing together

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i do have an ider on the clamp not biting u could score the metel rings then the clamp would bite maby Jonathan Sanderson how r u geting on with the extreme with the metel bands also have u had to replace any sections ect

10. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

#10 Alex Gardiner, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Hi Robert

Usually I would not discuss a client's private warranty/purchase history on a public forum, but as you have been fairly specific on the forum and asked for answers publicly I will try to clarify the situation for you.

I think that one of the issues here is that you are not a customer of ours in this country. You bought this pole and I believe have had all subsequent communication with one of our overseas distributors. This does mean that you are relying on third party communication through the distributor. Obviously every country's retailer should have its own warranty policy for goods purchased by their clients on a retail basis; however many of our distributors would rather check with us first regarding our manufacturing warranty (in this case we are the manufacturer, rather than the retailer). It may be that this has added an extra layer of communication delay but we try to respond to any warranty issues within 24 hours of receiving them even if from a distributor. Sometimes it becomes apparent that we will need to ask for further information about the warranty issue before advising the distributor which obviously can add to a delay. Technically all goods we supply are covered under our return to base warranty; asking for photos or even videos from a client is a way of trying to avoid the client having to return the item to their supplying retailer for a physical inspection. This is not an attempt to delay the process or annoy the client, but is to try to help resolve the warranty issue more quickly and avoid the need for the client to send the product back to base for an inspection.

It is worth checking with any retailer in the country of purchase what the terms and conditions of their retail warranty is - this can vary from country to country.

With regard to the issue that you have been having, I have looked up the communication history from your distributor and it would appear that in each case we have supplied replacements under warranty, without having to have the pole returned for inspection. I cannot see any particular delay in our communications each time on this. It would appear that you have been very unfortunate with having this particular issue with your Xtreme pole. We have had one or two clients who have experienced spinning metal bands on these sections although we have currently only ever had one other client who has had repeated issues of this happening, as it is very rare. Probably at the time you first had this happened repeatedly to your Xtreme sections it was the first time we had come across this - we do not lie to clients so if we said we had not had this happen before then that will have been the truth; what has happened since is, of course, another matter.

As to your concerns about its warranty moving forward we do try and assess each warranty situation on a case by case basis. So if you should have any further issues with your pole we would take into account the history of your product, the issues experienced and concerns raised - this will allow us to make a personal assessment of this.

PS. We have now brought out a new X3 Xtreme pole which does not have these metal bands and many of our clients have let us know they are disappointed about this! (they won't be when they try the new pole though). The reason that they are disappointed is that they love the metal banded poles and in two years of use have never had an issue - so you can see that it appears you have been very unfortunate with your experience.

Advertisement