Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats on your van floors?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi guys do any of you use any extra floor coverings on your van floors ? I currently just have ply lined and waterproofed etc but wondered if possible to put on some lino or vinyl or something?

what do you guys have? and can you advise what to use if do have lino down etc?? pics appreciated too..

cheers

I put down some purpose cut rubber matting off of eBay, very good and grippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

There very long goose necks, do you use them regularly ? I have a 10 inch one but find it a pig to have on so only use it when needed.
I've got a long ali gooseneck from Gardiners and I can't use it either. I bought it before Alex brought out the c/f ones.

I've improvised for the couple of jobs I have by putting 2 x angle adaptors together. We have a large commercial coming up and will have to revert back to this gooseneck but will try it with a wider brush as @Cghwindowcleaning uses

-

I've got a long ali gooseneck from Gardiners and I can't use it either. I bought it before Alex brought out the c/f ones.
I've improvised for the couple of jobs I have by putting 2 x angle adaptors together. We have a large commercial coming up and will have to revert back to this gooseneck but will try it with a wider brush.

-
I noticed my 10 inch carbon one hiding in my van the other day, I decided to put in on to do some windows on my house, felt so weird I just couldn't get on with it at all.

I noticed my 10 inch carbon one hiding in my van the other day, I decided to put in on to do some windows on my house, felt so weird I just couldn't get on with it at all.
I found stability was my issue. The brush kept wanting to twist over side ways. Weight is also another factor on the ali g/n. It feels light but its very heavy on the end of the pole at height.

-

There very long goose necks, do you use them regularly ? I have a 10 inch one but find it a pig to have on so only use it when needed.

The goose necks in the picture are not used all the time.

They are the long ones I use on the odd job like an office I do above shops and a canopy.

I do however always have the smaller 10 inch carbon goose necks on my poles over time I have got use to them and to me it feels odd with out.

The longer necks are only used on high level work or window that are well set back.

The longer ones can be harder to control.

The goose necks in the picture are not used all the time.They are the long ones I use on the odd job like an office I do above shops and a canopy.

I do however always have the smaller 10 inch carbon goose necks on my poles over time I have got use to them and to me it feels odd with out.

The longer necks are only used on high level work or window that are well set back.

The longer ones can be harder to control.

Thank you for your insight. I often wondered if c/f g/n would be a worth while purchase./emoticons/smile.png

-

A big rubber bar mat eg the ones used behind a bar to prevent bottles from breaking if dropped accidentally.

Got fed up with ply lining. I pull it out once a week, clean and pop it back in.

I now know what's going on (e.g water leaks, dirt) with the floor on my van instead of it being a guessing game which I used to have with ply.

So what's the deal with speedliner mate? is it a spray on thing or something?

hi where you get the speedliner from in uk? and how much it cost mate? my crew van back about 5ft x 5ft? cheers

also what brackets do you use to hold your reel on the van floor and are they quick release ones ? any advice or where to get from appreciated
Speedliner is applied by spray on then dried waterproof coating.it is fully water proof and does not scuff,tear,flake rub away or dis colour etc the floor of my van looks as it did 2years ago and I'm fairly sure it has a life time guarantee.

It cost me around £500-£600(I can't rember)

The pole holders,reel holder floor and everything was done by grippamax

Back