Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with pricing this...

Trev81

Hi chaps, was asked to go in and quote this place today, although it doesnt look that bad from the photos but the glass is flithy, they said it was cleaned last Sept but I'm sceptical about that, the firm is a joinery/shopfitting one and alot of the glass is thick in sawdust from the extractors blowing outside.

The photos show about 75% of the windows, there are further ones on the other side that they want doing on the 1st clean but then once yearly after that as there the workshop ones and are not too fussed about them. The ones photographed they are looking for a 8 weekly price after the initial deep clean which is everything inside and out.

They mentioned there old windy did the last building they had but was too expensive on this and therefore do not have one now. Even after asking numerous times they would not let on what there best quote was/or what he quoted.

They want me to send them a detailed quote with a break down off costs etc, mostly doing domestic stuff at the moment so some help on pricing this would be great, when I was there I was kind of thinking this is going to take allday to get it decent first time, so maybe go on my day rate?

View attachment 4513

View attachment 4510

View attachment 4511

View attachment 4512

View attachment 4514

And the rest @Tuffers if you want it to make it worth the hassle.

Might be a silly question but how can you wfp that building with the windows left wet when sawdust and shite is blowing about in the air? :rolleyes:

When someone says the other bloke was too dear put in a silly high price is what I would do just so to **** em off. /emoticons/biggrin.png

If they are really really really filthy then I would say £350 for first clean. Reason it's high is because there a couple of things which make me wonder about them - previous windie too expensive, possibly longer than sept since last clean, bit secretive about info and wanting lots of info in quote. That's why I would test them back with the quote despite them saying previous windie was too expensive.

Then the price of the regular cleans could go down to whatever your day rate is. Good luck with it mate /emoticons/smile.png

The insides now they have got to be fun to do too if they ever wanted them cleaned which you will probably get asked to quote on aswell.

Maybe they need to pay out and get their extractor system/ filters sorted out too :rolleyes:

in and out

monthly 300

every 8 weeks 350

every 3 months 400

6 months + 400

as them windows with ledges will be tricky ads theyr sert back if u look close in picture 1

in the last picture is that a warehouse ie open space if so very hard to get them top windows 12 large panes

from pictures 20 large panes 3 pound each side 120

34 medium sized2.50 each side 170

8 small 2 per side 16

how long have they been there as if they r that bad it will probbably be a one off they agree 8 weekly then cancel coming upto next clean seen it before so hit them with 400

They have not mentioned the inside yet peter.

I would want to do the whole lot outside every 8 weeks and not some of them yearly as well as is too much peeing about for me.

Also make sure as mentioned already you charge extra for the first clean as you may get stiched up otherwise

Thanks for the advice so far chaps…

They have not mentioned the inside yet peter.
I would want to do the whole lot outside every 8 weeks and not some of them yearly as well as is too much peeing about for me.
Yes they have asked me to quote for doing the insides on the 'first' clean as mentioned but they say they 'don't' require them doing every 8 weeks, there were some inside windows mostly in the workshop areas they said the lads do them as and when as due to the nature of the work they just get dusty with wood dust daily, so see some as pointless, but then he added 'quote us' anyway lol! Seemed a bit sketchy on what they want when they want it. So think I will just quote for the lot with a price break down...

I think the general idea was to have as much done as possible on clean 1 then just maintain the main exterior glass all in photos as this can be seen from the main road and customers/reps turning up etc so they seemed to want that only done every 8, I did try to get every 4 weeks but he just said no to frequent before even saying it depends on the price!

in the last picture is that a warehouse ie open space if so very hard to get them top windows 12 large panes
The large 12 panes are over 3 floors on the insides so easy enough to reach internally with a small pole I'd say.

how long have they been there as if they r that bad it will probbably be a one off they agree 8 weekly then cancel coming upto next clean seen it before so hit them with 400
It's not been there too long but they were at the other end of town before they had this purpose built place built, it was the last place they had a regular window cleaner but for some reason he does not do this one as his quote was too expensive??

I was thinking around the £350/£400 mark for the first clean which would include all exterior and all the insides I can do apart from ones that are pointless doing like in the workshop unless they let me do them on a weekend when there are no machines running. Then eveyr 8 weeks just the exterior shown £100- £120?

A day to clean the outside of that? :rofl:. Two hours tops on a regular basis.
I thought a day for the whole lot first clean tuffers but I may be a bit out, not done much commercial stuff, but after that just doing the exterior of what is in the photos I'd say perhaps 90 mins to 2 hours max?

I will propose a quote to them in the next few days and let you know the outcome, any tips for the insides and what methods as alot of it is in a open plan office lots of people about, would I be best off asking to do on a seperate day to outsides when they have gone home for the day, ie after 5pm when only cleaners are there? Just see it been a bit of a nightmare with loads of folk in there when trying to deep clean first off?

Yeah, give yourself a day for all of it in and out, but just outside every 8 weeks I would quote no more than £100. Like I say, I think outsides done every 8 weeks would take 2 hours approx.

Thats probably best an early sunday morning job for the first deep clean. That's if they are not working overtime as like you say you don't want the extractors working while the windows are still wet.

Maybe use Unger pads on a pole for inside. Is the glass tinted? You'll get away with any smearing inside if they are /emoticons/smile.png

Should be able to go over the top for most of the glass. Then through the gaps of the bars to do the lower parts. Maybe a smallish extention arm on the pole might help too

wat about picture one is that ledge deep for access to clean top windows

And you would need to be wearing wet gear @Tuffers as you might get a bit wet trying /emoticons/biggrin.png

Looks about 4" to me and I would get at the glass between the gaps and not over the framework thing.

Personally......because my wife would cut my knacker's off......I would struggle to do a job that big & long on Saturday or Sunday so i would do outsides dead early on a midweek morning, go home and get some rest and then come back after 5pm to do insides.........not everyone goes home at 5 though mate so double check that one if it is the route you want to take - good luck bud and do keep us up to date with it all /emoticons/smile.png

Back