Generator

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mark m, May 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

I am thinking about getting a generator I need it powerfull enough for a guttervac and I would also like to use it for a electric pressure washer
    not at same time :Image13: could you suggest some please

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Tried looking around for 2nd hand one but need 3000 watts one to power mine

3. mark m

mark m Hero

Thanks I was looking at getting a second hand one as most of the time I use custy electric but I have priced up a job recently were I cant get electrics so I was thinking of hire or buy route I just needed to know what watts thanks

4. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Depends on your guttervac power, I have a 2.8kva genny, I sold my guttervac as I reckon its a waste of money but the genny wouldn't run it anyway youll probably need a 3.5kva genny .
    Electric power washers are pretty bad idea for industrial use Mark, water and electric don't mix mate, your insurance will not cover you for using an electric power washer on jobs, if you do buy one get a circuit breaker , its essential , but basically just DONT get one , they are rubbish.

5. mark m

mark m Hero

it was many for the guttervac I don't do any pressure washing normally but i got ask to clean a load of **** off a wall I know my pressure washer will do the job as I have done similar before

6. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Guess they be fine on the odd job, mine sometimes run 8 hours a day so leccy ones no use too me :Image13:

7. mark m

mark m Hero

Donny don't laugh this is the one I did last year in fact the last time I used it lol,it is not that pro but it gets the job done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVaoRjZSnJg

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I had a look at some of your jobs on facebook earlier, (Im jealous) If the houses are that big im sat here wondering how big there drives are? You could make a fortune on some of those jobs. If you have the time its something you should look in to

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

They were wanting 400-500 for 2nd hand. Ive just been keeping an eye on ebay / gumtree for a cheap one lol

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What Mark has is a Kranzle which happens to be a good make and seems ideal for low pressure work like that.

For only £80 you got yourself a bargain Mark :Image9:

Regarding a genny either hire one like I do when needed or try getting at least a 5 kva as lesser ones you might have issues with when 3 motors are running at the same time

Advertisement