George?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Mar 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

I have trial versions of George and AWORKER George is 50 notes and AWORKERS an expensive £10 per month every month, not to sure what all the differences are between the two but I'm not interested in running my round from my phone just my lappy.
    On the trial version I can't input my business name on invoices can you upload a business logo from your document folders and have it on your invoices I'm a sole trader so don't need Cleaner Planner either just something simple that works, any help appreciated,

Regards

Ricky

Advertisement
  2. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

Hey Ricky,
    George is good although a little dated. I used it for a few years before moving to Aworka.
    The latter is cloud based so you can use it from any device via the interweb, George will always sit on the pc it's loaded on. That said it can be loaded onto a tablet, I found that far too small to work with
    £100 a year upfront is not dear at all for what Aworka offers
    As this is your first software, go with what you think because George is better than your spread sheets
    Tony

3. moonpig

moonpig Active Member

I use George but it's a pain in the ass if you get behind, also having to come home and do paper work ever night. I like the idea of having a different type of one that you just just do paper work on the go then that's it all updated would make things very easy when out canvassing. Not sure on paying the 10-20 a month for it tho.

4. Poles Apart

Thanks Tony interested in "outdated" comment there is George 2 which is the latest version anyone got it and what's been updated?

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i use george and really rate it highly. when i enter a customers info,i do it in a shortened form e.g 25hawthrn£9 ,by doing it like that means i can print off the whole weeks work ahead on the 1 sheet of A4 ,i can see at a glance whats what for weeks ahead if need be melee2 001.JPG while out on the street

6. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

I'm not sure of the updated version of George, I've not seen it.
    I moved from it as I wanted to send invoices from my phone, add notes and customers while out and then to use it from the iPad.
    It's just a preference really after using both
    Tony

7. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

Fantastic, the whole month printed on 4 sheets. Loved that.
    Tony

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Poles Apart loving the avatar..my favourite film

I use round partner for £10 a month and can do everything on the go on my phone or laptop

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We got George at the beginning and we didn't have all the add-ons George has now.

So today we use it the same as we did to start off with; to manage jobs and debt. We still use Palm based PDA's so we don't do hours of paperwork every night.

We don't invoice much and don't use the George option. We do that on a spreadsheet using an Invoice and statement billing software I found on Microsoft templates. I've altered them to our own name, address and logo.

Not all our business customers want invoices; they are happy with a signed as paid 'window cleaned' ticket for their petty cash. I think we do about 5 or 6 invoices a month on average. We don't do many commercial jobs as our core business is residential.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Poles Apart

Haha funniest film ever I must have seen it 50 times and still laugh now.

Advertisement