Georgian Windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by CHWS, May 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CHWS

CHWS Guru

I always seem to be getting a bit of spotting when cleaning and it's ******* me off, it always seems to be along the top set at the top of them . I'm using super lite medium mixed brush. Is there any other brush that is better for these Windows

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When you say you get spotting, how do you know? When you go back for the next clean? Are the Georgians painted or uPVC? I find rinsing more on Georgians is key as you will have 3 to 10 rows above each other and you'll have the bars lower down on ground floor where you have to kind of crouch down so you can rinse the top half of the pane.

3. CHWS

CHWS Guru

They are the upvc 1s, I noticed them when collecting last night from being inside the customers house and looking out, the neighbour had said about the spotting and I said first clean etc . It's hard for me to go side to side on them at the top as the middle bar on georgian Windows I do is just silicone on and it has came off on a couple of them !

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We have a couple of UPVC georgian windows with fake bars. The window is one large glass pane. We find issues with dirt getting caught between the tiny gap of the glass and the bar causing spotting later.

We wash and rinse as best we can. If the customer doesn't accept that its his windows that are causing the problem, then he is more than welcome to try someone else.

This may not seem to be the right attitude, but there is a limit to what you can do for the price of the clean.

-

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do a whole estate with these stuck on bars which is 2 thirds of my work
    No issues at all
    Good scrub
    Rinse
    Good flow of water
    If you have the flow up enough it gets a rinse while scrubbing and then needs a quick rinse after
    A flocked brush makes a big difference for me

6. CHWS

CHWS Guru

Yes it's the fake bars , thank God it's not just me!! See the flocked Davy is that a soft etc or is a flocked brush just a flocked brush

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

There are fake bars and fake bars. We do have others that are no issue at all. These are the ones that have their bars stuck onto the glass with double sided tape. The couple we get spots from are fixed at each end with a fraction of a gap between them and the glass. Really stupid design and way of doing it.

Then you maybe just unlucky with the quality of the UPVC frames. We do have a couple of houses with ordinary windows that we have to be vigilant with. The North facing ones are never a problem, its the south facing ones that give us a bit of bother.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've got a development of 9 where I clean 8 of them with these stuck on bars. It's a given that I will dislodge at least one everytime I clean there. I've got a roll of very good double sided tape in my van. The custys appreciate me bothering to stick them back on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. CHWS

CHWS Guru

Yes mine have fell off on a few lol, they just have just been put on with silicone. I was thinking of putting them back on with tec7 or something if it would hold it better

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

It's the brand of window Chws as I assume they r new builds and baskil windows.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement