Georgian Windows.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Den, Jul 8, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Den

Den Forum Addict

Priced up a job today it was two old cottages made into one, there was 15 Windows 2 doors all original georgain Windows in good painted condition anyway I quoted £25 for the main house £5 for the a separate office at the back was 4 window and a full glass door so £30 all in what would you guys have quoted.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I dunno, but my Mrs just told me that to have her nails and toe nails painted it's £80!!!

3. Markyboy 50

£30 sounds good to me

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Den

Den Forum Addict

Thanks Mark

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That's 4 quid a nail :eek:

6. Markyboy 50

Do they do them while u wait tho?

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Ooh my last nail painter only charged £2 a nail :rofl:

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Without a pic, knowing the area, meeting the custiomer it is impossible to guess.

As long as you feel that you are being fairly recompensed for your efforts then that is all that matters in the end. :thumbsup:

9. Den

Den Forum Addict

Wealthy area, as 4.5 acres of stables and paddocks, the husband seemed very interested but had to run it by is wife she run some sort of business from a detached office at the rear of property, I would have felt uncomfortable taking photos of their property while he was there, also I felt it was fair price was interested in what everyone thought because this is only the second time I have priced up a house with original wooden Georgian Windows do you guys charge extra for them?

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#10 spruce, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    When trad yes as they take much longer even with a cut to size squeegee. We do charge a little extra for Georgian windows but not much - in our area maybe a £1 or £2 on a 3 bed semi.

We have several properties with these wooden windows. One of them needs a bit more work. The owner had them repaired. They now have a single pane of double glazing with wooden vertical and horizontal trim glued to the frames. There are tiny gaps between these and the glass that traps dirt and cause the odd streak.

I concur with Green Pro Clean Ltd and stick to your pricing. If they turn you down it may well be due to thier perception of pricing rather then what the job is worth.
    -

Advertisement