Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got Another Quote To Do Today On That Street Oh No....

dasslr1

94 to go
some of you will have red my other posts about a street i recently went to and posted a few flyers.all big houses but they seem to have had a window cleaner before that only charged £5 per house or something to that effect.just got a text saying can i quote another house on that same street .(sigh)

thinking about asking them straight away "have you had a window cleaner in the past and has he suddonly stopped coming and do you pay less then a £10 per clean .if so i will quote your house but its looking to be around the £20 mark" thatll save wasting my time and theres ,or does that sound unprofessional.

When giving quotes I find it's always best to meet face to face and see what needs doing as no two properties are the same. That way you also have the opportunity to meet your potential new customers and sell yourself much better than you could do over the phone as it's not just about price.

Best to never assume what customers are willing to pay for a quality service. Simples...

i got a message on my facebook page this morning asking for a house with 9 windows and french doors and a small porch semi, told them £15 max and she said too much compared to old window cleaner who used to come!, i just replied back with well im reliable do a good job and thats possibly why your old window cleaner doesnt come round anymore in a nice sentence,do these people not realise why the window cleaner stopped coming!!!

When giving quotes I find it's always best to meet face to face and see what needs doing as no two properties are the same. That way you also have the opportunity to meet your potential new customers and sell yourself much better than you could do over the phone as it's not just about price.

Best to never assume what customers are willing to pay for a quality service. Simples...
on my flyer i have an option "text me your address and ill come and quote yours windows" ,when they do text back i text asking "is --suchatime--- ok for you and would anybody be in so i can get access around the back" most of time they say yes ,and before i quote i always knock and av a talk with them lol.learnt the hard way once a guy ring me saying could i do five windows i agreed aprice for five pound ,wen i went to do them it took me an hour and a half lol. never do that again

i got a message on my facebook page this morning asking for a house with 9 windows and french doors and a small porch semi, told them £15 max and she said too much compared to old window cleaner who used to come!, i just replied back with well im reliable do a good job and thats possibly why your old window cleaner doesnt come round anymore in a nice sentence,do these people not realise why the window cleaner stopped coming!!!
thats what happened to me a few weeks back on this same street i quoted 17pounds shes says her window cleaner only charges 5pounds .but the frames were dirty plus if there looking for a new window cleaner doesnt that mean there not happy with there old 1.

on my flyer i have an option "text me your address and ill come and quote yours windows" ,when they do text back i text asking "is --suchatime--- ok for you and would anybody be in so i can get access around the back" most of time they say yes ,and before i quote i always knock and av a talk with them lol.learnt the hard way once a guy ring me saying could i do five windows i agreed aprice for five pound ,wen i went to do them it took me an hour and a half lol. never do that again
how come it took an hour an a half m8 to clean 5 windows?

lol windows were black an frames were cake in muck .moral of the story alway look at the job first ,1 was hard to get to aswell .lol.that was a long time ago

Did an end terraced a while back because the window cleaner stopped comming. Well after taking a look as everything was minging charged £20 for the first clean and customer was well impressed how it all looked as all plastic was deep cleaned too. Next month when I went over she started to mess me about for a £10 clean with times and days I could call so bye bye missus. Simples...

I don't have time to be messed about especialy when I turned up at the house and she said 5 pm was too late as she had visitors so come back another time. Some ppl drive me bonkers as would have taken next to no time to do :Image3:

Did an end terraced a while back because the window cleaner stopped comming. Well after taking a look as everything was minging charged £20 for the first clean and customer was well impressed how it all looked as all plastic was deep cleaned too. Next month when I went over she started to mess me about for a £10 clean with times and days I could call so bye bye missus. Simples...

I don't have time to be messed about especialy when I turned up at the house and she said 5 pm was too late as she had visitors so come back another time. Some ppl drive me bonkers as would have taken next to no time to do :Image3:
thats the worst that had that a few times can u come bk next week, ah no lol one of my custmers said to me ur not cleaning them to day r u i said well yea im wrking in this road to day she said can u leave it its guna rain l8er i said yea shore 3 days l8er she calls me any chance u could clean them to day wel u can probly ges wat i said lol

one said hes out of work now asked me to stop cleaning them, ok i said. understandably.

text last night by mistake ill be cleaning today. i wouldnt have cleaned them anyway.

got a text this morning at 7am. remove my number from your phone as you dont clean my windows anymore.

i never answered just deleted his number, hope he asks me again later i know my answer will be a big NO . ive removed you from my rounds altogeather .

The customers that get to me the most are the regular ones that pass away and don't pay.

Just kidding but is a stark reminder that time is not on our side as I've lost so many what I would call dear friends as customers lately.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock