Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying A Round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

5x the monthly amount for residential I believe, more for commercial, something like 10x for that.

5x the monthly amount for residential I believe, more for commercial, something like 10x for that.
Really is it that much?I suppose it depends on prices & how compact the work is!?

I would never buy a commercial round. Unless you can see contracts etc.

Residential. Cost price to 5x

Average seems 3 times.

This is only small few jobs, average 295 a month he wanted 1500 & I offered him 600 & he said yes, but I am still nervous about it lol

Any tips?

Work is hard to get here if any is available it gets snapped up straight away I sold £600 ov work for £6000 a few years ago

how many years was established - that would be the main reflection of the price in my opinion .

I would pay from 5x and more for a compact round established for 5years + and maximum 2x for a round established for 1 year.

Bought two rounds in the last 6 months - one established for over 7 years - the other one for just over a year

a huge difference between them

when I clean the 7 years old round - the customer's first words 'Let me pay you know darling' .

the other round 'sorry not today' - gate locked today sorry - 'can I pay you next time ' 'I forgot to leave the money and I am out'

I paid 4X for mine, this was after a bit of due diligence, I met 50% of the customers and had a letter drafted to the rest. There was a large "company" doing work around my area undercutting everyone and built up a round worth ~£5500 per month, he wanted £60,000 for it! I went to look at the customer base and found that >80% of the customers were vastly under priced so you were on a poor hourly rate.

Back