Get Your Thinking Caps On Lads

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Dec 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Right, I know Jake has fitted hose guide to his van and I have been thinking of doing the same for a while now. At present I leave my door open and work with a minibore hose with a protective disc and tap on it. I'm thinking of cutting a few inches off the hose and inserting a female 8mm EZ-Snap into the hose. On the tap I will have 2x EZ-Snap male connectors. On my pole hose I will keep the female EZ-Snap. This way I can have a quick release system so that I can connect the tap/disc on the outside of the door.

Now comes the difficult part. I'm going to buy 2x hose guides image.jpg
    I will be fitting them to theses doors.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

How would you do this, what size drill hole, I suppose nut and bolt to keep in place, but my main concern is keeping water out of the inside of the door if the outside is exposed. How would you cover the outer hose guide? My only option is to put them on the doors as putting them in the floor would mean me clambering under the van to connect the 2 parts of minibore.

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

id fit it onto the inside van flooring near the rear door, feed it from underneatf, just feed reel hose out and fir pole hose and close van up.it should reel out with ease and back in. too much messing about with rear doors, might make a booby of it , your doors knackered then

3. johnny bravo

or get a body shop who can fit a cover over it keep rain out. ask around a few car refinishers, they probably know how to do it professionally

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Some time back Tuffers I saw a picture of a chap that had 'hinged' his number plate so it lifted up and had installed his roller guide behind it, nice touch. Food for thought.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I think mark m posted a link to one a while back. It has crossed my mind but my reel is on the right side of my van and number plate on the left. It would mean re jigging my van :confused:. Good thinking though batman.

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Dont over complicate it mate, just move the number plate to the right door!

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Hadn't thought of that :clap:. Now let's try and find those number plate flaps on eBay.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Oh hang on, there's a recess for the plate and the plate lights are on the left.

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ahhhh, they all slate the Trafic but my doors mirror each other so could mount plate either side and moving the light wont be a rocket science.

Perhaps you are better to go Jakes route and put a guide in the floor. ??

Advertisement