Getting behind...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gleam123, Apr 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

What does everyone do?

Here and there ive had to push people back a day etc which has never been a problem but im about a week behind at the moment.

The weather has been belting it down here and ive got 5 days worth of work needs doing!

Ive never been in the situation where customers have been done in the month after the month they were due.

Now some are a few days late and others are due on the 27th 30th of the month etc and im proper freaking out that I may not be able to get them done before May.

Any words of wisdom or anyone been in similar situations its kind of getting me down

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I tend to take the hit - let the customers that are now overdue know that you are running behind, and may not be able to get to them this month - then carry on with the rest of your work on time.

It means that they will miss a clean - but pressure is off you, and everyone else will be happy.

We have had nearly two weeks of solid rain - something's got to give

3. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Chillax! lol.

Not much you can do about weather mate! In my experience most customers won't care, and won't even know that you're a week or even 2 weeks late.

If you're able to pay the bills, then just go with the flow & do what you can.

You'll stress to an early grave if you let it get to you too much mate.

4. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Im trying not to stress but cant help it, alot of customers need to be told the ***ht before for them to leave gates etc open for me but i think it looks awful if I let them know then dont come because of the weather.

Frying my brain at the moment because this is the first time its gotten like this, I wish the weather would decide whats its doing too because sometimes it buckets down then will brighten up for literally 5 minutes before going black and hammering down again....makes me feel that much worse

5. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I know how u feel mate

how do you set your round up ? do u do it by the dates thay where last done

i done this but now doing it like this

week 1
    week 2
    week 3
    week 4

this way say iv got 30 to do in week 1 it will be the rough same dates as last month but i always tell them it may be a day or 2 before or after so gives you a bit of time to sort it all out plus it gives you roughly 4 days to sort each customer out
    works for me anyway

its supposed to be nice on Friday mate so if i was u id just work as long as you can to get them all done (well not nice but cloudy not raining so much lol)

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Wish I had enough customers to get behind lol

7. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Are you new to windows mate? You will have to learn that this comes with the job...you can't stress too much.

I understand how you feel...but honest, most people are reasonable & if they leave gate open & it's been **** weather they'll understand!

My work is monthly, but it often falls over into the 5th week.

Why do so many customers have locked gates? I only have a couple like this & do hundreds of customers. Are they padlocks?

I would look at a way to eliminate the gate locking thing..this seems to be the reason for your stress.

If they are coded locks- can they give you the code?
    If they are bolts- can't you just hop over or reach with a pole etc? I do this a lot.
    If they are key padlocks- can they change it? lol. Not sure about this one but surely most aren't like this?

8. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Yea ive got it on a spreadsheet with each date ive done the customers so I know when they are due, to be honest if the weather allows and im close to the due date il do them then.

Ive got them all seperated so for example i know around the 19th ive got to go up to Ogmore to do my day there etc

9. mark m

mark m Hero

work a four day week ,that means at the end of the month you get four days off this is for bad weather ,new jobs fascia and guttering jobs

10. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Been doing it since August last year mate, there are a few that need to let me through the garage which are the main problems to be honest. These are the ones I need to organize with because they pretty much need to be home for me to do it.

I think another problem im having is the days that are overdue are days that I have to travel a fair bit to get to, my concern with these is if I go and make a start and it starts belting it down then its gonna cost me a tidy bit driving up there and not doing the work,

Advertisement