getting customers?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by fozzer, Sep 11, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. fozzer

fozzer Newcomer

hi all I want to start getting a few customers to get a bit extra money just doing trad. what is the best way to get customers. and what's a fair price for semi-detached houses with 3 bedrooms.

any help much appreciated

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Knock doors and ask if they want a window cleaner. A website brings in a steady stream of work too.

3. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Fair to you or the customer :D

decide what you want to earn and price to get that, if it's too high, start lowering it a bit, if they bite your hand off, start raising it.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

ten pounds a pop - is a good catchphrase to use . as said above you need to knock doors as if your life depended on it to get a toehold

5. WagtailMat

WagtailMat Active Member

Facebook I haven't knocked on a door and a lot of referrals I have a next clean discount and a referral discount but we mainly do first cleans in aus

6. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

I've knocked on doors and handed out my card to those who are undecided. And when going to collect cash I go and knock doors again, all with the company branded T on.

7. matt18

matt18 Member

hi again fozzer, if you wonna get customers you have got to get out there and ruthlessly canvass.

But after reading your post yesterday about doing it on foot you have got to restrict your area you cover.
    I would suggest to a 1-1.5 square mile.
    You have to knock on every single door in that area and see if they want your service, and when you have done that even go over it with leaflets on regular basis.
    look out for houses being sold too and keep an eye on them for new occupants.

I would charge £15 a month for a 3 bed semi.
    you might have to lower it a bit as you cant travel quick enough to compensate.

Good luck.

8. windowangel

windowangel Newcomer

Have a think about your USP, something different you can offer that will set you apart from the local competition. Loyalty card so customer can gain a free clean every so many times you do their house for instance :)

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Starbucks Window Cleaning!

Not a chance, once you do one job for free (even if as a loyalty scheme) they start to expect all the extras for free.

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

a local plumbing firm near me runs a free draw each month [results in the local paper] with a coupon you tear out of the paper . bottles of wine ,hamper etc . iv always thought its a really good idea to get you in folks minds

Advertisement