Getting in contact

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MandMR, Feb 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MandMR

MandMR Guest

I was just wondering how you guys gets contracts such as school and shops. Do you send an email or letter or what , any advice would be great .

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

Someone told me to get all the surrounding schools E-mail addresses in my area & send a joint e-mail to them all. I wouldn't do this personally, I would walk in (looking really smart) and ask to speak to the head, speaking face to face would be a better approach to a letter or E-mail as you can talk to them and they will remember who you are after you leave.

Just walk into the places you want and ask to speak to the manager. I think face to face conversations are the key.

James.

3. laddergarder

Walk in, tell them a little about yourself and offer a free quote. If they are price concious they wont say no, they will tell you they have a window cleaner, but would like to see what you would charge. Try not to let that encourage you to low ball, give an honest price.

4. MarkB

MarkB Member

i clean a school and i got the job through cleaning the windows of the persons house

5. Posh

Posh Hero

I clean a school and got recommended by a friend who done some work for the school. Mind you apparently the people before me were useless. Hoping to get two other schools in the area now. Got the feelers out. One of my mates wife is head teacher. Lucky Really I Spose.

6. Iain

Iain Guru

Government contracts for cleaning jobs used to go through an official tendering process every two or three years. Usually an FM company will handle the building clean and sub contract the windows. Find out who cleans the school you're looking at and then write to them. HTH

7. James

James Guru

I need to start writing out a few letters to schools soon, out of interest, what do you guys charge for the schools you clean?

James.

8. i clean all the schools in my area, i tendered for the contract through a government website that how it usually works for publice sector buildings

Advertisement