Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aldi Pressure washer worth a punt?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you are looking to test the waters as far as pressure washing work goes it would be okay. However with those specs an electric one would be just as fast on the same job.

It would be alright for doing the car and small patios and driveways but if you start doing any more than that look to get something bigger. The problem with that would come when you get to a job that is covered in weeds and moss. It will take you forever to get them out.

Also if you use a higher spec machine even a 15lpm one you will never want to go back.

Depends what you would hope to do with it? my advise would be to see what local tool hire places have got to hire out if you are wanting to offer pressure washing with little outlay.

not too bad for 9lpm, which electric washer can do this lpm
several here: http://www.malcleanse.co.uk/electric-pressure-washers-cold-water-single-phase-cold-water-pressure-washers-c-588_332_347_349.html

The point is you are not getting any more cleaning power than you would get from a higher tier electric machine and it is very easy to outgrow it. It is a good machine if you are just testing the waters with pressure washing but you should expect to buy a more powerful one fairly quickly as you get a few more jobs.

No sense taking all day to do something with that machine that could be done in 1.5 or even 3 hours.

Depends what you would hope to do with it? my advise would be to see what local tool hire places have got to hire out if you are wanting to offer pressure washing with little outlay.
I did my first couple of months hiring a machine for about 120 a week from memory a couple of years ago now. I would tell customers I was busy until a certain week and make sure I had 800-1000 worth of work that week to offset the cost of hire against.

Not a bad way to go.

I did my first couple of months hiring a machine for about 120 a week from memory a couple of years ago now. I would tell customers I was busy until a certain week and make sure I had 800-1000 worth of work that week to offset the cost of hire against.
Not a bad way to go.
This is how I would do it if I did it over, I started with a small pressure washer similar to this Aldi one, in hindsight it was a mistake, I should of bought a good lance and turbo nozzle (which I did anyway) and hired a machine.

It seems ok for 200 quid

I have used both a 15lpm GX390 honda pressure washer and a 6lpm nilfisk electric one, they both did the same job just one was a lot quicker.

Back