Getting More Customers

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by neilworthington, Apr 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. neilworthington

neilworthington Newcomer

How do I get more customers. Posted flyers but have not had much response yet but maybe the weather has affected this. Got my self on Facebook and buy and sell sites. Got most from these. Got a website. I'm not the sort of person that likes door knocking. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes Well-Known Member

you have to knock on doors its the only way,

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Door knocking is the only way.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you want more work knock doors then as the worst that can happen is they tell you to get lost.

5. harunh

harunh Legend

how many leafdlets do u drop may i ask ?

6. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Never knocked one door,put 10,000 leaflets out,sound bit of advice,NEVER GIVE UP!

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Get a canvasser

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

Only way to get instant results is door knocking, give them a leaflet and just ask them 'do they want their windows cleaned'. website can take up to 6 months a year to get results but is probably the best form when your established as these are looking for a window cleaning. Leaflets can be hit and miss but because a leaflet dont work in one area doesnt mean it wont in another. Pay a canvasser to do the door knocking for you, you probably be cleaning them twice before you get any return.

9. John B

John B Active Member

Door knocking is the quickest way to get work. It also puts you face to face with your potential customer, and they can see who they will be dealing with too.

The worst that can happen is to be told 'no'.

John

10. Iain

Iain Guru

Hi Neil I was going up mention the Facebook buy/sell pages as these work really well for window cleaning. You're doing this already so I'd say keep pushing this.

Also have you thought about having some kind of referral scheme? Getting someone else to get the work for you is a real winner for everyone!

Advertisement