Getting new customers

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by nearlyclean, Apr 29, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

Any Hints and Tips on getting new customers?
    I had a few enquires from the sign writing on back of car.
    Wearing a pouch with my scrims (Look like a window cleaner)LOL
    I wear a T-shirt with window cleaner printed on
    Internet is great,I advert on all free listings I come across

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye I am trying everything I can. Really need to get this up and running full time to take over my main job. Hoping within 9 months as got a little one on the way! Spent all day yesterday posting leaflets. Think it might be a bit ambitious though. Called local radio and they said would be £10 each time add goes on air plus £ 150 to create add.

Really need some more custies.

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

just go knocking door to door, better results and easier

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

As Bluemonkey says Knocking doors gets the best results and lead to getting more work in that road.
    I get a steady flow of about 5-10 enquiries,3 of these may turn into long term customers,I don't canvass no more but in the early days I be out all the time,Buying some work can be a good way also,days work can result into a weeks work,it's all about getting a presences and noticed,customers are out there but some don't know where to look

5. harvriddle

harvriddle Guest

Most of the people don't know where and what to look. Most of them are ignorant of how to seek for the service that suits them best.. They just see a sign like "*** service" and hire the firm or company without making a research. If they know more about the services or products they need they will know more about the companies and businesses on the market which will bring some kind of an equality between the compe***ors.

P.S. I do not know much about the businesses at all, this is just my point and my experience. For an example, I hire one cleaning company for regular house cleaning but choose another one for "spring clenaing", and a third one for carpet cleaning... I found the most suitable offers for me that don't cost me my money, time and home stuff :)

6. lisaheader

lisaheader Guest

I think that people always look for the easy way. I mean, why they have to waste their time in researching of which company is good or not, or which one has the better offer. That is why I think that it is better the business owners to reach their clients, not the opposite :)

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

Reaching your target audience can be hard and you do need to make sure as many folk in your catchment area know of you and when the time comes they need your service they can contact you,I will regularly leaflet drop the areas I work in,I will occasionally knock if I have spare time to let neighbours know I am about,but it still astounds me when I get a new customer and say they have been looking for ages and I have been working their road for years an canvass and leaflet drop,sometimes it is only when your right in front of them they will think wow I've found my new window cleaner

8. rodanglee

rodanglee Guest

Just keep on doing a good job and the crowd will appear on your front door :)

9. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Seriously I've found offering a half price clean and bottle of wine to existing customers if they recommend a friend who takes you on and door to door Canvasing works.

10. lisaheader

lisaheader Guest

Hm, that sounds a good marketing strategy but does it worth the costs?

Advertisement