Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Start up loans?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sambo1234

Hello how is everyone? i joined just over a year ago with the intention of setting up a window cleaning business but i have to say i listened to the nay Sayers! telling me it cant be done.. But recently i saw a post about a guy on here who started 6 months ago and now he is running a successful business i thought if i put my balls on the line that could of been me?!?! so i am back and this time going to go for it! i have some of the traditional gear but will be looking at buying a back pack for WFP. I however short on cash as recently left home and on my own so i was thinking of a start up loan from the government but i am unsure if this is a good idea. how did you guys fund your businesses to start? hopefully this is not to much of a personal question!

cheers

sam

no need for a loan,

you should be putting your trad gear and balls to good use . start door knocking tomorrow- no excuses

aha i like it... just sat here to find a reason why i cant i don't have ladders but i guess i could just go get some ladders and a roof rack and not come home until i have paid for them??

I'm sure @daveyboy1 got a grant of about 700 squid to buy gear so best ask him how he got it

boar city speaks sense... part of the beauty of starting a window cleaning business is the low overheads and initial start up, its surprising the work you can manage with just a ladder and a little bit of trad gear...

yeah i guess i mean i will probs get told i am looking into the wrong game but i am **** scared of heights aha but tomorrow that fear will be conquered

yeah i guess i mean i will probs get told i am looking into the wrong game but i am **** scared of heights aha but tomorrow that fear will be conquered
I was never scared of heights but in the beginning I was terrified of ladders, or more to the point I was terrified I hadn't placed it correctly. The only key was to go very slow, took me a while to find nerve on a ladder, now we do 600 houses per month traditionally.

Practice is the only remedy. Good luck.

no need for a loan,
you should be putting your trad gear and balls to good use . start door knocking tomorrow- no excuses
Read this^.

Now read it again.

Now read this....

Whatever you do, do not take out a loan!!!

I would never take out a loan

I found out about the grant thing through a friend who works there

If the council want to GIVE me 750 squid then that is up to them

ok cheers guys basically my alarm is set for 6 in the morning **** shower and a shave and down to wikes to buy some ladders then out i go.... so wait davey you dont have to pay the grants back!?! /emoticons/ohmy.png

I tried to see about a grant, but no joy, only those that are artists were getting any funding in my neck of the world, scotland, so jealous of Davy. I got a loan of my dad to buy a round, cost three times the amount of what the round makes monthly, I needed an established round, as didnt want dribs and drabs, as packed in my council job, worked out well so far, but still paying loan back. Of course would have preferred not to have a loan.

ye my dad has the money to give me for a start up but is not to keen as i haven't knocked on one door but tonight he said he will think about lending me cash if i got some feed back from people saying that they did want a window cleaner. but i also found out today that the village i live in have not had a window cleaner in over 4 years! and it is massive but only 5 mins from a busy town which to me is crazy i am starting to think most established guys dont like going out into the sticks which is were i might target

ok cheers guys basically my alarm is set for 6 in the morning **** shower and a shave and down to wikes to buy some ladders then out i go.... so wait davey you dont have to pay the grants back!?! /emoticons/ohmy.png
No paying back

They only had 1 clause and that was in 12 months time they would send me a short questionaire which i have to fill out

Doesn't matter if your business worked or went tits up there is no paying back

However don't fill in questionaire and they will ask for it back

So just a update i cant afford ladders today as i have just been paid but my car insurance came out and rent! /emoticons/sad.png only young so i get ripped off on the old insurance ha but i am going to go out canvassing today my plan is to say i will book them in for the 1st of April as that gives me time to get the money together just thinking they might not been keen as it is two weeks away any ideas?

Sambo that's what I've been doing canvassing like mad and telling the customer I will be round at the end of the month, has worked for me my first week window cleaning is £500.

ok cheers mate good to know bricking it about to go out now my pricing strategy is a pound a window i think that should work out alright at the start anyway?

Couple of questions,

Where do you live?

What car do you drive?

Hard work and determination is how any work is built up

Sambo that's what I've been doing canvassing like mad and telling the customer I will be round at the end of the month, has worked for me my first week window cleaning is £500.
It's gonna be a busy week then with all those first cleans..wfp or trad??

Wfp your right davey not going to be a slow week, but it's really well priced work and all within a couple of streets from each other, I reckon if I did traditional I could park the truck up for the week it's that compact.

Back