Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY PUMP BOX help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Johngermany

hi all . i am making a pump box witha 7 Ah battery , that fits into this lovely little bucket with lid and carrying handle . inside is the flojet rlf ( this idea for the pump i got off Jeff brimble ten years ago ) this pump was used on a trolley system from Jeffs original design or simliar many a moon ago , now my question is does this flojet only have 2 wires coming out of it red and black ? and will just the live and earth suffice ? should i not have wire going to or from the pressure switch , is there a PS on this pump ?

View attachment 4294

View attachment 4295

View attachment 4296

hi all . i am making a pump box witha 7 Ah battery , that fits into this lovely little bucket with lid and carrying handle . inside is the flojet rlf ( this idea for the pump i got off Jeff brimble ten years ago ) this pump was used on a trolley system from Jeffs original design or simliar many a moon ago , now my question is does this flojet only have 2 wires coming out of it red and black ? and will just the live and earth suffice ? should i not have wire going to or from the pressure switch , is there a PS on this pump ?
I have never had a Flojet pump but I'm sure it will have a pressure switch on it. Can you see a wire running up the back of the pump up to the top?

If you just wire the red and black wires to a battery, the pressure switch should work, kick in, when the water flow is cut.

No mate there is just one red and black coming out of the Pump .... so how do you wire 5-6 different ....12 V pieces to one battery ? , Controller , Volt meter , on off button , fan and maybe one more item ?

No mate there is just one red and black coming out of the Pump .... so how do you wire 5-6 different ....12 V pieces to one battery ? , Controller , Volt meter , on off button , fan and maybe one more item ?
heres a basic wiring diagram. You can put the voltometer wires anywhere after the switch and it will work. Or wire it straight to the battery and add a on/off switch to the voltometer live wire to turn it on/off.

Thanks Jimmy , i appreciate that mate , i just sorted it about 1 hour ago funnily enough .... i still need a bit of schooling on this subject of electrics ... thanks Jimmy

Can u add a relay remote to it and how
Yes you can add a cheapy Amazon 12v remote switch. As @JEM said range is only about 20m but I find that's fine on a backpack.
Basically you power the remote switch from the power wires that feed the flow controller, then you cut the wire that is the 12v out of the flow controller that goes to the pump. You put one end into the remote switch terminal labelled Common and the other to the terminal labelled NC (Normally closed). By doing it to the NC if the remote switch fails or your remote battery runs out you can still use your backpack without the remote - the remote switch will use a little power but it's so low at about 5mAH it's not worth worrying about. I would say to configure the remote to be in Toggle mode, one press ON the next OFF.
I have 2 backpacks and use same remote for each one - 1 button is 1 backpack other button is second one. I also have a few spare remotes in case a battery goes or I break one.

Just so you know modifying your kit will invalidate any warranty.

Hope that helps?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back