Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dorma Windows?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jez86

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I starting window cleaning at the end of last summer when I got made redundant. I'm a traditional window cleaner and I was just wondering what you guys do when you have a dorma window to clean? Do you use a pole or can you only do them if there is two people? Any suggestions welcome, thanks, Jez (North Yorkshire)

Welcome mate. Depends how confident u are at roof walking! I used to be a roofer so usually will walk on them, unless theyre really wet, if not them ill either use my wfp or position the ladders to get up there and have someone foot the ladder, if u really cant do it then just explain to the client.

Hi mate, if u dont want to go down the wfp route and not keen on walking on roofs u can always get a Harris decorators 5m extension pole, there about £15 from b&q and just put your applicator on, mop up the window then stick your squeegee on and blade off

You can also get a wagtail (which is an applicator and squeegee in one so u dont need to bring pole back down to change) also u can modify it to hold a detailing tool just type in youtube "how to modify a wagtail squeegee" hope this helps bud

If the dormers are set far back then a pole would be best, but I use to be able to do some with a ladder stand off on the top of the ladder and rest it on the slates.. Check eBay, they are only £20ish, great for gutters too

Thanks for the replies, I did it today by walking on the roof, the customer said that's how her husband did it and she didn't mind me walking on it. I have a 3.6 meter pole and I've got a wagtail ( more practise needed with it) I did try to do it with the pole first but it wasn't good enough so had to get up there. Would maybe like to get a wfp system for jobs like that, just need a bigger round yet

Also just looked at the ladder stand off on eBay, where would you put it? Wouldn't the angle of the ladder be too steep?

Would have the standoff on the tiles mate, and if it was too steep get someone to foot u if poss. I use a ladder footee (ladder spikes) look them up, they're about £15 mate

i stopped it off walking on roofs and porches im bit of a lump and have damaged roofs in the past and had some bow on me lol so ive got in the harris pole thing but would like a wagg tail as the finish is better i found it hard leaving it clean at the bottom of the glass.

Back