Getting the hump with timewasters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Apr 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

So i got a lot of new customers last month
    This evening i have texted to say leave gates unlocked and got 1 not this time
    1 my husband is on nights for a few weeks I'll call you when he's on days (so obviously i couldn't do it in the afternoon or while he's sleepingas he must sleep all day and have ears like an owl)
    And 1 in a flat who i got from facebook a few months ago messaged me last week to ask how much to do inside as well this time..i gave her a price and no reply
    She has now blocked me on facebook

Never had this much grief before but sod em all

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well that what happens when you take a lot of new work on as you are bound to get some that are messers

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I suppose at least i am freeing up space for reliable customers
    I do feel like replying that it is ok for you to say not this time but who's gonna feed my wife and son lol

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I used to timewasters Smurf but it is not often you get 3 together like this
    None at all for a few weeks and then all at once

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I had a shuffle about with my round
    Was doing monthly but now have juggled work about to tighten the groupings up and done a proper 5 week cycle instead of trying to do the same time each month
    The plus side is instead of mega busy days and really quiet days i havve a good balanced workload now and can fit new custys in where it suits me roundwise rather than whenever i have a gap
    I only have 3 jobs to do tomorrow as i am all up to date before switching to new setup so will hammer the leaaflets early in the morning and then get some good canvassing done
    I don't need to entertain timewasters

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Unfortunately it's part and parcel of this job as customers call the shots so to speak and can stop you cleaning for whatever reason they want it may be.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

this time of year is high season for messers. they want a cheap one off clean but wont admit it - and then next year same time theyre on the lookout again
    on initial enquiry a few loaded questions about the history of their windows can suss them out- price high is the answer

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Reads like you've lost 3 there Davey. It's never good for your morale, but as one door closes another one opens mate :thumbsup:

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

a good loaded question is to ask "didnt i clean your windows last year?"

10. TolishAPurd

It sucks mate. You do get some right bellends in this job. You got the spring cleaners. Just charge high regardless and you'll soon sort the chaff out. I personally don't try and get them as regular customers unless they ask first now. Some people say yes but there heart is not in it, and they're the ones that tend to fk you about. The ones that come and ask you for a regular monthly clean are the best ones, but they should still be treated with caution until they have proved themselves for a few months.

Advertisement