Getting There With The Spotting Issue

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Mar 18, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

i asked the question the other week about spotting, i was struggling on some windows and hit and miss on other windows.

well i think i have had a break through.....dont forget i'm fairly new to wfp so forgive my lack of knowledge but i noticed last week that when i get some water on the top seal by accident/lack of accuracy

if you then take the brush upto the seal fully splayed and touch the seal with the droplets/runs on, the capilary action of the bristles suck the drops down into the brush,

also i have changed my method on the glass, i now do 1 or 2 horizontal passes along the top of the window then go into vertical strokes but stop about 1-3mm short of the seal unles there's droplets on the seal,you can clearly see the capilary action on all droplets near the top of the window which i would normally of rinsed and risked getting more water all over the frame and top seal

then when i rinse i keep one edge of the brush on the window for support (keep the brush at approx 45 degrees to the glass) then run it along the top of the window and when i reach the end just lift off to rinse any brush droplets off..
    also i'm using the splayed bristles just touching or not quite off the top seal as a guide height-wise so i know that the jets are in the right place compared to the top seal

so far i'm getting the results i expected and my confidence is soaring thus time on the glass is reducing, i'm very happy :D

p.s. starting to see that after 5 cleans that maintance cleans are getting easier and faster with much better results

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Nice one kier take it you've got past the milky frames too

3. keir

keir Guru

alright newb, i haven't had any problems with that thank god.

i bet you were loving the weather today eh? it were blizzarding this morning where i were. i take it it was bad over trawden too?

4. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Couldn't barely see early doors but nearly all gone now snow wise till tonight more to come I think or just a good frost get that lamp on kier

5. keir

keir Guru

ooohhh dont you worry bud, just about to go out to my lab (garage lol) and fill my tank and set the lamp up. weather looks good for tomoz so gonna kick ass, i might even take my 2nd di over with me to get a top up so i can rip through my work, i feel a bit cheated nowadays if i have to work fridays

since going wfp its rare that i do fridays cause its just soooo much quicker, also aches and pains in shoulders/neck no longer happen. just hope i dont get fat now cause i'm sure its easier than tradding :D

6. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

How's the trailer working out

7. keir

keir Guru

yeah its a beauty, it can be a pain sometimes but its just a case of re-learning my round and best place to park up to reach as many houses in one hit, the one downside to using a trailor i think is the weight is not integral to the car, but my focus is a 2ltr tdci so doesn't struggle at all but cant help thinking a van would be better i've been checking vans out on autotrader, not planning on changing my car for a while but i like window shopping lol

i were 1st looking at caddy's but read some pretty bad reviews on them, but think the side sliding door would be NICE!!! so been checking out astra vans, not to keen on vauxhalls just cause they handle a bit **** but looking at like 56-58 reg and they do look smart

8. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Think your right with the side door on a van got rid of the connect as had no side door may get a trailer

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Took you off topic of spotting sorry

10. keir

keir Guru

hahaha no worries, whats your connect like on juice? talking to a lad who has an st connect and he was well not happy with mpg's, looked smart as though.

my missus is not impressed with the idea of a van gotta admit, so my dream van would be the caddy sportline, its gotta be as car like as physically possible. i've even toyed with getting an A6 or passat estate and mounting everything in the boot........nice plush motor but van like in the back

Advertisement