Given Up On Van Mount Already

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by OoO, Feb 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. OoO

OoO Guest

Been running from a trolley for 3 years. Been bugging me to run off a hose for some time.

Finally took the leap and have been running off a hose for 2 or 3 weeks.

What a joke it is.

I haven't even come across the nasty problems.

Like dog plop and breaking stuff.

I was running from a hose today. Dad turns up and he's on a barrow. I did 2 houses next door to each other in the time it took him todo 1.5.

But!!!!! The time it took me to start the 3rd he was already cleaning the 3rd house.

All on an estate. It's the packing away,snagging placing out cones.

So you can stick ya pump and hose combo where the sun don't shine lol.

Trolley for me Tom :D

YAY

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

defeatist! van monuts are alot eaiser than trollies! lol

3. OoO

OoO Guest

I dunno about that :p

I am so quick with a trolley, we have got one of those big boys on trial and the extra 4 litres has made a big difference. My dad hardly ever runs out on a house now.

4. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

I've used the trolley and now gone van mounted. The trolley was great apart from getting it in and out. Recently got a back pack for the houses I can't get the hose round. Couldn't use it all day but for the one off's ok.

As for the trusted trolley, canalised and still in use.... :)

5. mark m

mark m Hero

Trolleys are great Damo but for us old boys it gets hard on the back doing it all day every day

6. OoO

OoO Guest

When I say trolley. I mean back pack on a sack
    Barrow.

Even I couldn't lift a pure freedom in and off every day. (Bad back)

I have got an Alu sack barrow. To save weight.

7. A.K WINDOWS

trolley or back pack for me when i get round to buying one,cant see a van mount doing anything for me but given me problems with the style of houses i have be no good.

aint bothered bowt the weight put a board in van for a ramp easy.

am sick of slippy decking ect nightmare.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

ive used a pure freedom trolley and ive used a backpack and a van mount :)

van mount is the best :)
    then its the backpack ( without a trolley just lifting it by the handle )
    then its the pure freedom trolley

the pure freedom trolley is the worst... u gotta carry the trolley then u gotta go back to the van and get the 25litre container... its a right headache ! ! ! !

the backpack is pretty decent to use :) i used it all day and it does the job :) on some jobs im much more quicker using a backpack then a vanmount :) but the other hand filling up everytime can be a little bit of a headache but it only takes 2 mins :)

now the van mount is the best :) to enjoy having a van mount u got to be good at reeling the hose in and out :) also u got to know the best shortcuts to get the best out of a van mount :) cant beat a van mount though its the best :D :p

9. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I've been using the 22ltr big boy from WCW and I think it's very good - once it's on your back it's heavy yeah but not unmanagable, and I'm not very strong. The lid on the top is sh*t tho, I find mine leaks a lot unless I'm really careful / fussy how I put it on. I'm sure there's a skill to it but I havent worked it out.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

i got the same one and the lid isnt that bad to be honest... unless u dont close it fully i once turned it half way and it wasnt fully tight and it jsut fell off... but when it is fully closed its actually decent :)

Advertisement