giving shops a go

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by paul40, Apr 25, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul40

paul40 Newcomer

hi guys ive been cleaning residentials for a few months now and im looking to give shops a try. how does one go about applying for shop cleans is it just like canvassing call in and give the manager a quote? or do ya apply in writing?

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Just the same. However banks, chain stores etc are often on nationwide contracts. Also it is usually very low price per job work.

Only way I would consider shops is if I were buying a well established round with many in a row as the only real money in shops is stack em high sell em cheap.

3. paul40

paul40 Newcomer

are you saying shops, pubs, stores isnt great money? would you recommend sticking to residential?

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Around here mate the shops are a waste. Iceland = 15 panes 10ft x 4ft each. They pay £5 per clean.

Pubs are good if you get on the independants but chains such as Toby and Crown are under national contracts.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. paul40

paul40 Newcomer

£5 per pane? Something else I'm looking advice in is builders cleans. To do builder cleans do I have to have a company name or is being self employed enough? What type of insurance would ya need for builders cleans?

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

You wish :)) £5 per clean (off the whole building) not each pane!

7. paul40

paul40 Newcomer

Ahh **** that

8. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

I'm liking doing shop fronts on a Saturday, picked up the odd residential from being visible this way. **** prices though yeah.

9. Markyboy 50

I love shops. Would do em all day everyday if I could. But as green says u need loads in a row then just run along em before they open. I hate cleaning houses. Locked gates and dog poo. Then they have the builders in for 3 month so they stop you. Just hate it. Give me shops or a school etc

10. Markyboy 50

And builders cleans. To much health n safety. Bloody mission statements stating the obvious when it's just common sense. Ok rant over

Advertisement