Glass scratch accusation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Danfire, Sep 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

My last job today and the lady of the house says "before you start can I show you something" and leads me to one of their (old aluminium framed) patio doors. She then points out a ten inch long scratch and says it must have been my squeegee that did it. I was a bit speechless to start with other than saying I don't remember doing it. The strange old dear didn't seem to be angling for compo and just asked me to be more careful. When I got round to cleaning it again it occurred to me that the scratch was not consistent with the strokes of my squeegee, it was close to the top of the glass, dead centre and just off of vertical in direction. I pointed this out to the husband who said it had probably been there years and it was the first time she noticed it.
    I've come to the conclusion that she is one of life's arseholes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

hmmmm you have just pointed out the worst thing about this job....the ....it must be you factor.....

i came back to warring neighbours today.....a previous row about dented cars....had resurfaced....police around...but...who knows...i am certainly not getting involved....

i have seen two recent examples of ....oh i can get that off the window....well they did....and...i can see the proof....oops sorry vicar....especially the ali. marks all over the cills....and today mid patio window..oh dear...but i would never scrape in that random back and forth pattern...

yep plenty of ar sey holes out there danfire....:rolleyes:

3. Scratches stand out when windows are clean innit.

4. TolishAPurd

This.^

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

always deny it . if you ever say anything other than total denial the customer can draw on it ,in court

6. cheapncheerful

dont worry boar...i always do.....even if it is me....ooops....mark that p gav....

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    about a year ago i had a customer accuse , 2 long parallel scratches high up on a patio door. she was looking for any sign of weakness in my eyes when she confronted me -and i absolutely know if id said"i dont Think we did it" thatd be enough sign of guilt for her to start a claim on me for new doors
    part of me wanted to tell her id seen them ever since i started which was the truth but i know its better just to say "didnt do it" and leave it at that . its hardly the nuremburg trials nontheless if id said what i knew she could have produced a witness who said the scratches werent there 1 yr ago,to discredit my alibi

i struck her off my list the day she accused . i was insulted, nothing more was heard from her

8. cheapncheerful

yep still waiting to find out if i am accused for the two parallel scratches that were clearly off a ladder placed directly on the glass.:eek::eek::eek:at one house.....reckon the decorator...will tell you soon as she is due to phone...

9. Who would rest a ladder against glass?????????

10. norm

norm Grand Master

:specs

Advertisement