Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best lightweight brush for scrubbing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use the gardiners extreme medium mixed with natural inner fibres

Not everyone's cup of tea as it is designed with weight in mind rather than scrubbing power but the ones i use are great

I even do conny roofs with them

The ultimate range is not much heavier  (30g i think from memory) but has a lot more bristles 

I've recently rediscovered the Xtreme brushes again. I used them for a while a few years back but they didn't seem to last long. I recently deciced to give the one dave mentioned a go and it seems to be a much improved brush. :1f44d: to Gardiner.

It scrubs really well and is super light. If you use it wet, but without water flowing it scrubs slug trails off really well. Follow up with a rinse of course. I've currently got it paired with the new black 100° fans and am loving it. :1f603:

Xtreme-35cm.jpg

i use the ultmate stiff but i use hot water this brush has good scrubing power if i was using cold i would get the nedium mixed ultmate  for slub trails the flocked work realy well on these ,i found the extreme just dont last with hot my one that is in the pic above has gone on the outer edge after 2 days use with hot water  :1f632:  i found the ultmates realy nice and lite i would like to see a brush in between a extreme and a ultmate , i extreme with a more dence packed brustels  but more shaped like a supreme

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Dave I have the XTREME™ 35CM WIDE BRUSH - MEDIUM MIXED BRISTLES. Need the large size for commercial work. Seems to have good scrubbing power but not many bristles so sometimes it feels like you have to keep scrubbing to get that deeper clean... maybe it's just me.

Marko would you recommend the natural hybrid, I would imagine it feels nicer on the glass than the one i have?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recently rediscovered the Xtreme brushes again. I used them for a while a few years back but they didn't seem to last long. I recently deciced to give the one dave mentioned a go and it seems to be a much improved brush. :1f44d: to Gardiner.

It scrubs really well and is super light. If you use it wet, but without water flowing it scrubs slug trails off really well. Follow up with a rinse of course. I've currently got it paired with the new black 100° fans and am loving it. :1f603:
Been using the 100° fans on mine today

Love it mate 

Brush never left the glass to rinse and perfect windows

Got the 6lpm pump on 50

Marko would you recommend the natural hybrid, I would imagine it feels nicer on the glass than the one i have?

If you're looking for a light brush for maintenance cleans that scrubs well, then this brush works well. My recollection of the Xtremes when I first used them years ago is that they felt like they were light on bristles however, this one doesn't. To me anyway.

I also use a swivel which makes all the difference

Go down the glass like you would a squeegee and it is rinsed

Back