Gobsmacked!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Feb 23, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I have been cleaning this house for years, 5 bedrooms, conservatory, 3 car garage, outdoor swimming pool, Aston Martin DB7, a month in the Bahamas every November, sold business for millions etc etc. I charge them £25 every 4 weeks and to be fair I whizz round it in about 20 minutes. I ring the buzzer on the gate for entrance today and she lets me in. As I got out my van she asked if I would clean the conservatory roof. The roof isn't the best, with lead staining and shot glass. I've cleaned it a few times before and only charge £10 as I just clean the green off it. So, I cleaned it today and she comes out and says '£25?'. I'm thinking she isn't intending to pay for the roof, so I say plus £10 for the roof. '£10 for the roof!!!???' she says. And I'm like does she think that's too cheap. 'That's expensive for cleaning the roof' she says. I'm stood there gobsmacked. I could have said do it yourself and see how you get on or pay the going rate, but I didn't because I couldn't believe what I'd just heard, plus my face must have said it all. I was seething. But I did earn £35 for 35 minutes work. She has always been as good as gold. I hope she's spoken to her husband as he has always been fine about paying the extra and hopefully he will have told her so.

I'm thinking of dumping it. What would you do?

Advertisement
  2. rs2315

rs2315 Member

just when you think you know your custi curve ball, nowt as queer as folk keep her good money for time taken if she keeps with the?????? every month then by by rs2315

3. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

She's just belled me, I'm doing the whole lot for £30 :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Ive quickly come to learn there is no such thing as a loyal customer in this game

I would return and clean as normal the following month and if they pay as norm sure all is good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Markyboy 50

Don't dump it mate. Keep it. Next time she asks u to clean the roof just say you're to busy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Alien Human

Steve Hawing makes a good point.

But......£25 for 5 bed plus a convo sounds like it's already a good deal for the customer (regardless of how quickly your able to get round)

If their still complaining I'd be wary.....

I've got a customer very similar who always complains that their bill comes to £140. A lot of money but given the size and time it takes me it should / could easily be £200 worth of work. My opinion is that the fella just likes to have a good old moan and I'm the unfortunate one that has to listen. Some people just like to moan :)

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Stay with it for now, sounds like she might just have been having a bad day? If it persists re-think but I would keep her for now.

8. Matthew Phillips

I'd just brush it off ;) and go back for normal service in 4 weeks, but if she or he gives you any more reason to get the hump, drop em. When it's easy money, I always give them a second chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

There's going to be an atmosphere next time I turn up I think. I won't be doing the conny roof for peanuts in future either. I mean, I was doing it at a bloody good rate. Would they have done it for £10? I think not. I totally agree with the poster who said that you think you know your customers, but do we really? This is why we need more customers than we can handle so when a curve ball is thrown it won't set you back.

10. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Agree with all the above, just carry on as normal. She might of just been in a bad mood or on the rag

Advertisement