God I Ache

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Sep 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

My first day using my trolley WFP. My shoulders, neck and back are killing me. What a game I had. Tripping up the hose, explaining to customers that this is the best thing since sliced bread etc. Oh, and don't get me started on the amount of water I used, had to keep refilling my jerry cans. Earnt what I normally do though.

Tomorrow is another day as they say :)

Advertisement
  2. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

you'll sleep tonite fella! ;)

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I aint done a full day on it yet, 2-3 houses kills me. Just gotta harden those muscles up.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I done 4 hours. I got pissed off after the hose was getting caught in hedges, walls, pipes etc. I just stick yo useing it on bigger houses

5. mark m

mark m Hero

you will get use to it ,it has happened to all of us

6. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

This will sound stupid, but you'll be holding the pole wrong. When i first started I used to ache after about 10 windows..... no we go all day without issues. It wasnt until I went into a local shop to buy a new pole and told the guy i was aching, he took me outside and showed me who to hold it correctly so there's no stress on your body..... It makes a MASSIVE difference..... was going to try and explain but know i'll get muddled...... will look for a vid to see if there's anything out there..... but trust me, its all about posture

7. RavashingRichie

RavashingRichie Newcomer

Is there any chance you can van mount the trolly and attach a hose real,, this will be far easier for you, trollys are hard to move around an dont suit all work but are fantastic on others, what i would recommend you do is to buy a backpack and strap it on a sack barrow for the smaller or more awkward houses, it will be far easier to move around a will clean around one standerd counsel house... also the pole makes a massive diffence, the more carbon fibre the content the more ridgid and workable the pole will be causing you much less stree than the heavy carbon fibre ones, i use clx and supermax from gardiners range, however also like the look of those they sell at the waterfed pole company

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Lugging containers of water about doesn't help either :D I soon stopped using a trolley system and went van mount which is far much easier on the body. ;)

Now just use me pf trolley static in the van with the inlet attached to the van tank. Got myself a 100 m microbore hose and reel. Job done!

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I seen a video about this, It wasent about how you held the pole though it was about how you moved when cleaning it. He sort or rocked back and forward

10. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

Yip, thats what i was told...... as *** as it sounds, the bloke said you've got to dance with the pole! (Not YMCA style though!!)

Advertisement