Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xmas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Will you fit in all your custies before Xmas or do you just keep to your Rosta. I have been telling my 2 monthly custies that its there last clean before Xmas & always get can you fit in one before Xmas. Don't wanna upset them but how do you fit in 400 odd custies in 2 weeks lol. Insides as well. Do you just say no & stick to yer Rosta & those that come up just before Xmas are the lucky ones this year. I have full days for two of us right up till dec 19th without having any rainy snowy icy days.

With those 8 weekly customers, just offer to do them next month, rather than miss them the way you would normally. I keep to my rotas. So once its 4 weeks till we knock off, I'll just tell them it will be about 6 weeks rather than 4, as we will be off over christmas and new year.

Just explain, that everyone is the same, but unfortunately, its just not possible to get to them any sooner.

HmmI told one customer that Ill be back in 8 weeks, then went to another customer and said same, but then they said well, itll be day after new years day, i was like oh yeah, lol, so could do next month or miss till after xmas

I just don't do holidays, never have apart from 10 days away every year as xmas etc have always been my busiest times. I can't see me changing habits now.

With those 8 weekly customers, just offer to do them next month, rather than miss them the way you would normally. I keep to my rotas. So once its 4 weeks till we knock off, I'll just tell them it will be about 6 weeks rather than 4, as we will be off over christmas and new year.

Just explain, that everyone is the same, but unfortunately, its just not possible to get to them any sooner.
My 2 monthly are actually 2 monthly. If done today (2nd nov) there next clean is due (2nd jan) so they would miss Xmas anyway but there asking to do an xtra clean.

How does that work out posh?

I work to an 4 weekly and 8 weekly rota.

Monthlys and bi monthlys work out differently to 4 weeks and 8 weeks surely?

So if I have a customer on tuesday of the month ill be back on tuesday 4 weeks later

I just don't do holidays, never have apart from 10 days away every year as xmas etc have always been my busiest times. I can't see me changing habits now.
You mean you work through xmas apart from the bank holiday days?

My dad told me to do that! I was like I want time off! lol

How does that work out posh?

I work to an 4 weekly and 8 weekly rota.

Monthlys and bi monthlys work out differently to 4 weeks and 8 weeks surely?

So if I have a customer on tuesday of the month ill be back on tuesday 4 weeks later
Gives me a bit of scope if we have bad weather or I have a hol. They know I'm coming roundabout that time. My 2 months is two months not 8 weeks. I like it that way so can have a bit of time off without having to put anybody off for a week.

You mean you work through xmas apart from the bank holiday days?

My dad told me to do that! I was like I want time off! lol
Only day I won't work mate is xmas day, but I've even worked that a few times.

Im in the same boat, I lan on week week off. Ill do double the week before so I dont lose money lol. This is the weather will allow me to work

Christmas is one reason I haven't pushed my round this yr .

My wife has got to work it this yr I'm just going to break up crimbo eve til the 5th of jan .

Then all systems go .

Stick to the rota.. I can remember from previous years people asking will you be back before Xmas, then the snow prevented us getting out so they never had windows cleaned til after the new year.. Which a lot still paid up their tips!!

Back