Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google business page grrrr I come in at number four and the number one guy only has one review I hav

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dragbag

So tell me how this makes sense have spent a fair bit of time asking my customers to leave a review for me on my Google business page as I noticed that the window cleaners in my town only had one or two. I've managed to get five 5 star ratings and yet when I applied the filter on my business page for top rated I come in at number four and the number one guy only has 1 review..... I have FIVE:(

@Dragbag how does his actual website stack up against yours? How long has he been online compared to you?

You'll stand out more anyway seeing as I assume you have the gold/silver stars beside you now?

It's not a web site it's google business page, I have only been on the glass since last September.. it may be the google filter system i.e. Distance from the centre of town is set at 0.5 miles I live a little out side that ..as for gold stars not seen that .. Chris

I know what it is but it's linked to your website *if you put website on it . If his website is more ranked and everything else is similar his business page will sit above you

Ah ok...I'v not bothered with a web site:eek: that may be it, I think it's the default distance of 0.5 miles the may be the issue....as well. I want google business page domination :devil:

Hi All,

This may need checking for accuracy, but I had a similar issue with both my website and Google Business page.

When you search from your own computer it ranks your own page lower as you don't actually click it when you search, so the next time (and so on) when you search, Google thinks you don't want to see the content you've overlooked (yours), and ranks another similar businesses higher assuming that you want to see more results from other pages.

Basically you can't get an accurate example from a simple search of your own page from your own device.

If anyone has heard different from any SEO guru's I'd been keen to know the ins and outs.

Cheers.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My google biz page is just blowing in the wind I lost access to my now old google account a few months ago thanks to google systems no support whatsoever absolute nightmare gave up after week of bashing my head against a wall .

@Neilmnwc Your website will rank differently on mobile devices compared to on a laptop. Some sites are set up to be essentially mobile friendly and others not so good at this.

Free SERP checker - google ranking check | serplab.co.uk

^ If you use the above link or any number or similar ones you can check your web rank position, by keyword search IE window cleaner town name. This doesn't include google business page ranking though, the reason I know that is i am top for my town under google my business page but it's showing me ranked 5th there *where the website sits.

@Iron Giant if it's there it's still active surely so what access to it do you really need? As long as it's linked to phone number and website all is well.

You could click on it and suggest an edit, if need to make changes.

Thanks Chris I number etc won't change but may look into the edit option or even removal so I can update if needed .

Back