Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Success Stories

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Solar Steve

Hi lads! I am well chuffed today as I landed my biggest contract ever! We are now the sole approved solar panel cleaning contractors for British Gas! Over 20,000 panels to get through, with another 3MW system confirmed and plenty more on the way!

This made me wonder about all of your work related success stories. Lets hear about the good times! (Not the money!) What is your best achievement to date?

Nice one Steve, me I think my biggest in this business was learning to fan but hey I was as happy as a pig in muck first time I got it right.

Nice one Steve, me I think my biggest in this business was learning to fan but hey I was as happy as a pig in muck first time I got it right.
Thanks mate. Learning to fan? Dare I ask what fanning is?!

Just over 4 years now & well done on getting that contract. Sounds good.
Great stuff. Still building or happy where you are? I was happy where I was until BG came knocking...

Great stuff. Still building or happy where you are? I was happy where I was until BG came knocking...
Happy where I am now. Got the custies I want & if I lose 1 I just knock on a few door and replace it. Only small but gives me a good living.

The palace? Seriously? That's brilliant if you did. How long did it take you? A morning?
Somehow managed to delete the post HAHA, I was part of a crew, (employed) I think there was about 9 of us took two days. Each person had a guard. We arrived at 8am, and we started cleaning at 11am. That was down to security.

Cleaned windows on the sets of Harry Potter films, fred claus and one of the batman's

Just breaks up the boredom lol

you gonna be a busy boy now eh steve? well done mate

my biggest achievement so far i reckon is leaving windows twice, once to go scaffolding cause i burnt out at windows getting to many rounds thinking i were gonna take over the world then coming back only to get p*ssed at the weather and becoming a driving instructor only to realise i hate spotty oicks driving my nice car then to land my ass in butter with my loverly little round i have now and feeling like i've won the lottery

Somehow managed to delete the post HAHA, I was part of a crew, (employed) I think there was about 9 of us took two days. Each person had a guard. We arrived at 8am, and we started cleaning at 11am. That was down to security.
Cleaned windows on the sets of Harry Potter films, fred claus and one of the batman's

Just breaks up the boredom lol
Wow, that's different. I was asked to price the UK nuclear attack centre. It's the most heavily guarded and secured building I have been in. I didn't get the job, but I would have had a guard follow me into every single office on all 3 floors. I was not allowed to turn my head or look down at papers whilst walking around. It was very weird and I was glad I didn't get it. I couldn't work properly with that kind of pressure all day for 4 days per clean!

you gonna be a busy boy now eh steve? well done mate
my biggest achievement so far i reckon is leaving windows twice, once to go scaffolding cause i burnt out at windows getting to many rounds thinking i were gonna take over the world then coming back only to get p*ssed at the weather and becoming a driving instructor only to realise i hate spotty oicks driving my nice car then to land my ass in butter with my loverly little round i have now and feeling like i've won the lottery
Excellent! You may as well stick at it now, it seems you can't get away anyway!

It did my head in just walking around pricing it up. What do they expect you to do when you are in one of the most important and secretive buildings in the whole country?!!??!?! Of course you are gonna look around. I would not want to work there, but it was amazing seeing what the government have the capability to do!

Hi lads! I am well chuffed today as I landed my biggest contract ever! We are now the sole approved solar panel cleaning contractors for British Gas! Over 20,000 panels to get through, with another 3MW system confirmed and plenty more on the way!
This made me wonder about all of your work related success stories. Lets hear about the good times! (Not the money!) What is your best achievement to date?
So, will you do all the work yourself or subby some of it out? What I mean is it all local to you? Very well done BTW /emoticons/smile.png

My biggest achievement is getting a 3 year contract for a 2 day quarterly job when I'd only been in business for 2 months /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back