Good morning.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Parky, Sep 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Parky

Parky Active Member

Good morning all. My name’s Ian. I’m based in Shropshire, new to the site and new to window cleaning. I am still yet to start my business but hope to get the ball rolling very soon. I was introduced to this work by a good friend of mine Matt (Who I believe is a member on here?) I’ve watched him start his business and grow over the last four years and he's now at the point where he’s doing very well for himself. I spoke to him last week and he has already been incredibly supportive. Passing on information and tips and I hope to get out with him in the next week or so to get a real feel for this area of work. I currently have a cushy office number that pays well but I REALLY want to work for myself. I’m currently looking into to funding. As I need a van and equipment. I’m aiming to go down the WFP route with my cleaning as I can see myself falling off ladders!!!!!!

I’ve already had a read through some posts in the forum and they have given me lots of good pointers.

My aim is to start cleaning on a Saturday & Sunday (Once I have a van) to try and get some customers before I chuck my job in.

Lots to do and lots to sort out but I am very excited.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome to the forum Parky :thumbsup:

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome Ian
    Get out there whenever you can mate
    Won't be long before you are handing in your notice

4. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

All the best:) if you find out about funding pass the info on. I tried phoning business gateway the other day,they said you can get funding if unemployed or under a certain age I think.I could have done with a helping hand to go towards perhaps a van. Seemingly my local council gives money to those that are artists, what we can do with a wfp or squeegee should be considered an art me thinks:rolleyes:

5. norm

norm Grand Master

good luck Parky :thumbsup:

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Phone council and ask if they do a test trade grant like mine does..gave me 750 quid

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome to the best window cleaning forum there is Parky, you'll get lots of help here :thumbsup:. Never heard of Matt though.

8. TolishAPurd

Welcome fella. Good laugh this place, give it a good sniff.

9. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome Parky good luck and of course...most all...keep us informed of how you get on...:D

10. Parky

Parky Active Member

Will do. Off out with my mate tomorrow for a few hours to ask him loads of questions and watch him "on the job!" :laugh:

Had some confirmation back for funding so things are looking good.

Quick question. Is there a better time of year to start up than an another? Summers coming to an end and I noticed it was getting dark last night at 8:30pm. Would I be better to wait until new year to make a start? I'm just thinking I might find it hard going to start off with as it is? Longer days and decent weather might be a help?????

Advertisement