Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

good or bad news?

S

steve owen pl24

hi all

iv been window cleaning for about 8 weeks now and taking in 200 pound a month and also working full time doing woodland and landscaping and im 25years old and got 2 kids and 2days ago i find out got 1 more on the way and today iv been made redundant from my full time job. and i think my head on my car has gone aswell haha ha things can only get better haha full time canvassing nw i think? walking tho /emoticons/sad.png

Well, you need to be working very hard.

Were any of the children planned? You seem to be one of the motivated types, opposite of me it seems hehe.

I'm 25 and married and no children for us for a while at least, I hope.

simple advice, get out knocking the local area, stuff thats in walking distance, try an get compact work as possible, and knock knock knock

good luck some good news and some bad news

if u get £100 worth of work a month youll be on £1200 a month by the end of the year so you'll be fine then but for now get out there and work as hard as u can :]

Mate I know how you feel I have 5 kids I also lost my job about a week later my house (only 8 week old new build) caught fire and burned to the ground due to bad wireing not only did it burn down all the windows fell owt and wrote my car and my wifes car off that were parked in the drive /emoticons/sad.png , that was 6 month ago, back in my house now got new cars and building a new life just looking to the future now and hoping my business goes well , good luck mate

You will get their. Just work your ass off. Congratulations by the way on the bab I have three kiddies latest is just gone 3 months old. /emoticons/sad.png

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

just crack on with it mate could possibly be the best thing that happend to you i know it was for me im 27 with 2 kids i got made redundant 6 month ago as a joiner started up window cleaning and can earn as much now as i was when on the tools and only work half the time and im a lot less stressed. unlucky about the car thow just trade it in lol

thank u for yr comments and none of the kids were planed my son josh is 8years old and chloe is 2 but not married lol not ready for that.

{welsh cleaner} u put it like that and sounds alot easy and possible thank u.

{paulrods} makes mine seem nothing lol but as u said looking to the future and hope it all goes well for u now

none of the kids were planned .... not married lol not ready for that.
poker-face-300x266.jpg

hi all

iv been window cleaning for about 8 weeks now and taking in 200 pound a month and also working full time doing woodland and landscaping and im 25years old and got 2 kids and 2days ago i find out got 1 more on the ws. Iway and today iv been made redundant from my full time job. and i think my head on my car has gone aswell haha ha things can only get better haha full time canvassing nw i think? walking tho /emoticons/sad.png
Listen mate. That's some news. I wish you all the luck in the world I really do.

John Lee Hooker did a song that went, "if it wasnt for bad luck, i wouldnt have no luck at all". I used to think it could have been written for me, but not any more. You will be the same too, just get out there canvassing and stay positive!. :)

congrats mate. nothing like a bit of pressure to get you motivated!

we've just started canvassing (moved to New area and going to build some up here), it ain't easy door knocking again, but be polite, look the part, and keep going, and it will soon add up.

Keep going young man!... You will build up a round!... Quicker now that you have more capacity to do it!... Door Knock, Leaflet Drop, Facebook whatever.......... I started June/July last year and I am now up to 130ish customers. I was working full time and window cleaning and I made myself redundant because the PAYE job was doing my head in. Set yaself a few targets and work hard and you will get where you want to be!..... People need a Window Cleaner!!!!!!

Should have a nice round put together in 9 months time, you might need to get down the dole and ask for a little help, not just money but if they see your motivated then they will put you in touch with business link and a business mentor, keep coming on here as well and we all cheer you on. Get loads of business cards done and hand them out to every one you meet. Tell existing customers you have another nipper on the way and they like that cost they see your a family guy and more inclined to recommend to their friends

You will get there and maybe sooner than you think. I started full time in November after accepting a redundancy package and I am already getting to the point where I probably dont need too many more customers....and they seem to be coming out of the wood work thick and fast at the moment.

Back